Research Material

billw

Post by billw » Tue. Apr. 15, 2008 9:04 am

I'm looking to put together a reading list of books regarding home heating. About a year ago someone posted a link to a website that was something like home heating .com but I can't find the post anymore. What I'm interested in is basic hydronic heating and radiant heat. Something that is easily understood by an amateur. I thought that with all of the engineers, plumbers and other professionals on this board you all might have some recommendations. Thanks

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Tue. Apr. 15, 2008 9:46 am

Just do a search on here for "BOOKS"

I think this is the link.

**Broken Link(s) Removed**

billw

Post by billw » Tue. Apr. 15, 2008 11:55 am

That was the link. Thanks. I won't say how many times I tried to search for that with no luck. :oops: My google fu sucks

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Tue. Apr. 15, 2008 12:55 pm

The SEARCh on these Forums at the top right not Google or anything.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Tue. Apr. 15, 2008 1:09 pm

billw wrote: :oops: My google fu sucks
The key to google is to use longer phrases and quotes. You have to understand that most webmasters are each vying for the same top spots in search engines so the pickings get slim at the top for single key words because very lucrative phrases are usually taken not by who has the best content but the who has the biggest budget* and the smartest SEO'er . The more accurate you are in your search terms the better results you'll get.

For example if you search for keystoker dealers you'll get this: http://www.google.com/search?q=keystoker+dealers& ... US249US249

:D Jerry at LL probably loving that.

If you use quotes around "keystoker dealers" you'll get better results. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1 ... tnG=Search

*Google or any respecatable search engine will not allow you to buy your way into the results, it is based on merit. However the reality is that link selling and buying goes on all the time. They started cracking down on it few months ago but just as an example if I wanted I could go buy a link from a very prominent site like some of the edu's that were selling them on their front pages for thousands a week. This single link could do more for this site than anything I could ever do.
The SEARCh on these Forums at the top right not Google or anything.
The native search function works OK but its not as good as Google, frankly you'll get better results from them. It's really just simple database search, the pages it returns are not based on relevance but simply if the word or phrase appears and sorted by date . You can use this page which automatically searches just this site using google: **Broken Link(s) Removed**

The search function will improve in the future, the developers of phpbb are going to integrate a open source search engine called sphinx : http://www.sphinxsearch.com/

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”