Spend a Day Underground With the UGM Team

Chris Murley

Post by Chris Murley » Sun. Apr. 13, 2008 10:46 pm

We will be running a tour on May 17th 2008. This will be a first for us and I believe ever, we will be going to all 3 mine tours in one day! It will be a bit of driving but I will guarantee it will be well worth the cost of the tour and drive. A different member from the UGM Team will be giving a tour at each different mine. We will be meeting at the 190 Slope Lackawanna Mine Tour then heading to the No.9 Mine in Lansford, and then proceeding to Pioneer Tunnel where we will be walking into the mine with the lights out. Everyone will be issued a hard hat but you are required to bring good boots and a good flashlight to Pioneer Tunnel. For those interested, Contact me via the UGM site for more information. The cost of the day long adventure is $30.00 and that will cover ticket prices at all 3 mine tours. you are encouraged to pack a lunch as we will be arriving at the No.9 mine around lunch time and there is a nice place to sit down and eat in the shade at the mine. This will not be one to miss! We only have 30 places to fill so sign up fast!

mike

Post by mike » Sun. Apr. 20, 2008 9:38 pm

I just figured I'd bump this. If by chance you can't make the steamtown trip with the rest of the forum members this would be a good chance to see some mining history. I personaly am a guide and laborer at the No.9 on the weekends.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Sun. Apr. 20, 2008 10:40 pm

I'm sure there would be a lot of interest except a lot of the forum members as I'm sure you are aware are from out of state. It's too bad this didn't line up with the same date we having the meet and greet. I spoke with Chris about it, I don't have a head count yet but there should be at least some that will be interested in going to the Lackawanna mine and museum.

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”