Pictures of Your Stove

General energy and coal related topics, news and basic information. If you do not know where to post your topic post it here.
BigBarney

Post Fri. Feb. 25, 2011 10:53 am

Cokehead;

Do you have a safety blowoff valve on the boiler, I couldn't see

one in the picture?

BigBarney

Poconoeagle
Stove/Furnace Make: Buckwalter & Co. , EFM520
Stove/Furnace Model: No. 28 Glenwood 1880, Alaska

Post Fri. Feb. 25, 2011 10:57 am

i thought I saw two of them?? ;)
"Do it Right the First Time" dont leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the Next guy!!

cokehead
Stove/Furnace Make: Locke, Godin, Tarm in da works
Stove/Furnace Model: Warm Morning 617-A, 3721, 502

Post Fri. Feb. 25, 2011 3:20 pm

BigBarney wrote:Cokehead;

Do you have a safety blowoff valve on the boiler, I couldn't see

one in the picture?

BigBarney
It is in the 2nd to last picture with a copper pipe going into a plastic jar. 30 psi set point. The boiler was rated working pressure of 125 and I tested it to 50 something with domestic water pressure. Boiler explosions are no fun. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Sultana
"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence. Half a truth is often a great lie. He that lives upon hope will die fasting. Rather go to bed with out dinner than to rise in debt. The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." Benjamin Franklin

cokehead

Post Fri. Feb. 25, 2011 4:12 pm

Poconoeagle wrote:i thought I saw two of them?? ;)
The indirect has a high temp/ pressure relief valve, 150 psi set point or 210 degrees. I still need to pipe that within 6 inches of the floor. I'll get there........someday. :roll:
"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence. Half a truth is often a great lie. He that lives upon hope will die fasting. Rather go to bed with out dinner than to rise in debt. The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." Benjamin Franklin

Poconoeagle
Stove/Furnace Make: Buckwalter & Co. , EFM520
Stove/Furnace Model: No. 28 Glenwood 1880, Alaska

Post Mon. Feb. 28, 2011 9:51 am

I hear ya.... at 150 psi it will splash less at that height!!! :shock:
"Do it Right the First Time" dont leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the Next guy!!

cokehead

Post Mon. Feb. 28, 2011 12:51 pm

It is far more likely to plow off due to hi temp (210 degrees) than hi pressure. 150 psi set point is an industry standard for domestic hot water. There is no way the pressure could get to that point with my lame centrifical well pump.

I got the tempering valve hooked up yesterday. My wife is complaining the water isn't hot enough at the kitchen sink. The temp is right for the shower and bathroom. I might have to run untempered water to the kitchen to keep her happy. The temperature of the water pulses with the well pump cycles in the shower. warm hot warm hot. It's not uncomfortable but just does't seem right. Maybe the valve needs to break in or I might have to run a separate water feed to the tempering valve instead of sharing with the indirect. It's still a work in progress.

BigBarney

Post Mon. Feb. 28, 2011 10:39 pm

I see the blowoff on the top of the tank, don't you need it on the top of

the boiler in the tee there?

The boiler blowoff is much lower, like 60-80 psi, not 150 psi.

BigBarney

cokehead

Post Tue. Mar. 01, 2011 7:25 am

BigBarney wrote:I see the blowoff on the top of the tank, don't you need it on the top of

the boiler in the tee there?

The boiler blowoff is much lower, like 60-80 psi, not 150 psi.

BigBarney
I do believe you are right about the improper placement of the boiler relief valve. I will change it. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

nortcan
Stove/Furnace Make: Stuart,Peterson/ Grander
Stove/Furnace Model: Sunnyside/ Golden Bride

Post Mon. Mar. 07, 2011 12:12 am

Here is my new BB (Base Burner) with a salt lamp in it.
Attachments
DSC02817.JPG

DennisH
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon-Eagle Klondike IV
Other Heating: Propane

Post Sat. Mar. 12, 2011 3:30 pm

My recently installed Yukon Eagle IV wood/coal add-on furnace to my existing propane furnace & ductwork. Works GREAT! I'm loving it!! :D :D :D
Attachments
DSC02385.JPG
Yukon Eagle IV and (now) backup propane furnace.
DSC02389.JPG
Yukon Eagle IV wood/coal add-on furnace.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Rice
Other Heating: Dad's 1953 EFM Highboy

Post Sat. Mar. 12, 2011 3:36 pm

Hi Dennis, that is a nice looking install. How well does the Yukon burn coal?

CT coal burner
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 503
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 503 Insert

Post Mon. Sep. 19, 2011 9:51 pm

Hitzer 503, freshly installed and ready to burn.
Attachments
IMG_0013.JPG

collinsgn
Stove/Furnace Make: bucket-a-day heater

Post Wed. Sep. 21, 2011 2:44 pm

Hi all, This may not be the right topic here but I'm looking for help with my new bucket-a-day heater. I'm new to burning coal but I'm having alot of trouble lighting my nut anthracite. I started with what I thought was a good hot pine fire with alot of coals and added two or three inches of coal and it was like I put wet wood on the fire, went out instantly. I even tried putting a hair dryer under the fire for added air and it made no differance? Any help from the group would be appreciated.

thanks in advance
Gary C

CT coal burner
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 503
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 503 Insert

Post Wed. Sep. 21, 2011 2:52 pm

collinsgn wrote:Hi all, This may not be the right topic here but I'm looking for help with my new bucket-a-day heater. I'm new to burning coal but I'm having alot of trouble lighting my nut anthracite. I started with what I thought was a good hot pine fire with alot of coals and added two or three inches of coal and it was like I put wet wood on the fire, went out instantly. I even tried putting a hair dryer under the fire for added air and it made no differance? Any help from the group would be appreciated.

thanks in advance
Gary C
Hi Gary. I would recommend starting a new thread under the "Hand Fired Coal Stoves" area. I am sure your question will get quite a bit of attention there.
Good luck!

collinsgn
Stove/Furnace Make: bucket-a-day heater

Post Thu. Sep. 22, 2011 7:19 am

Thanks
Gary

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”