Weather Check

joeq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: G111, Southard Robertson

Post by joeq » Sat. Sep. 12, 2015 6:55 pm

Wondering if anyone has an opinion on an early burning season or not. Almanac predicts a long cold winter, but not really sure what their success record is. Here in Southern Ct, begins my favorite time of year. Now that the heat waves should be subsiding, the fall time commences, and brings cool crisp air, great for outdoors, and sleeping. (Not looking fwd to the leaves, tho)
How many members are preparing for some nite time lite-offs, to take the chill out? And how much earlier do our members farther north from here, feel the need to start the warming process before we're required down here? Right now, our days are still hitting 80ish, and the nites are finally dropping to a comfortable low 60s, maybe even dabbing into the 50s. I try to hold off my 1st light till about thanksgiving. But will admit the Mrs. we'll turn the oil burner on at night a few times.
And let's see a show of hands who aren't back on the forum yet.....(Oooops. Guess that won't work) :oops:

Stoker6268
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by Stoker6268 » Sat. Sep. 12, 2015 8:50 pm

Was 47 last night in Central NH. Slept with the window open! Dont plan on looking at the stove till late Oct or Nov....

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Sat. Sep. 12, 2015 9:24 pm

Stoker6268 wrote:Was 47 last night in Central NH. Slept with the window open! Dont plan on looking at the stove till late Oct or Nov....
Agree Stoker6268, if I could sleep on the porch "alone" and think great thoughts, (scarecrow), I would. :P Halloween is a good target for me, but only with the Vigilant, that baby can crawl for a couple days in low gear.

If I lived alone this house wouldn't even have an oil burner!

Doby
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast console and Alaska Channing III
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: oil but not much

Post by Doby » Sat. Sep. 12, 2015 9:59 pm

I typically lite about the 3rd week in Oct and I'm way down here in pa! Guess I'm to cheap to flip the oil on

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”