Merry Bride 244 Base Burner Project

philthy
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoke Koker Lite, Alaska Kast Konsole
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6, Glenwood #116 x 2, Crawford 40

Post by philthy » Mon. Apr. 10, 2017 9:20 pm

That's Impressive!

Pauliewog
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 Dual Paddle Feed
Baseburners & Antiques: Fame Rosemont #20, Home Stove Works #25, Glenwood #6, Happy Thought Oak, Merry Bride #214, Sunnyside, Worlds Argand #114, New Golden Sun , & About 30 others.
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Chesnut, Pea, Rice / Anthracite

Post by Pauliewog » Tue. Apr. 11, 2017 12:47 am

philthy wrote:That's Impressive!
Thanks Phil, materials for the patterns were under $20, a couple hours of work, and a lot of Beer is all it took. :D

Wish I knew you were going up to Skips to pick up the 116. He has a set of G6 bricks for me that I would have gladly paid for your gas up and back if you saved me the trip and picked them up. I'm guessing if you came up 81 that you came within a couple hundred yards of my house. :D

I'll let you know when I head up there in case you need anything else.

Paulie

philthy
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoke Koker Lite, Alaska Kast Konsole
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6, Glenwood #116 x 2, Crawford 40

Post by philthy » Tue. Apr. 11, 2017 12:20 pm

Had I known I would've grabbed them and with no need for gas money. If there is another trip and I hope there is, I ll be sure to ask to save someone a trip.

I went 81 to 78 but not that big a deal to go a little further north before making the turn east.

Pauliewog
Baseburners & Antiques: Fame Rosemont #20, Home Stove Works #25, Glenwood #6, Happy Thought Oak, Merry Bride #214, Sunnyside, Worlds Argand #114, New Golden Sun , & About 30 others.

Post by Pauliewog » Thu. Apr. 13, 2017 1:04 am

My wife would have paid your airfare up and back. For some strange reason I think she is afraid I might bring back more than the bricks if I don't take her along for the trip. :D

Paulie

Pauliewog

Post by Pauliewog » Tue. Apr. 18, 2017 9:31 pm

While mowing the lawn today I happened to glance up at the front porch and was pleasantly suprised to see that Santa Claus paid me a visit and left some big packages.
20170418_175631-1.jpg
.JPG | 105.8KB | 20170418_175631-1.jpg
Yep, got some parts back from Tomahawk so it's like Christmas in April . Carried them down the basement, unpacked and sorted them out.
20170418_195435.jpg
.JPG | 117KB | 20170418_195435.jpg
One box for the Home Stove Works #25, a crate for the Brilliant Sunshine and International Star, and the other for the Merry Brides. I should have the damper doors and handles back soon, in the meantime I'll start dressing and polishing them up for plating.
20170418_195621-1.jpg
.JPG | 101.4KB | 20170418_195621-1.jpg
Paulie

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anth.
Other Heating: none

Post by KingCoal » Wed. Apr. 19, 2017 8:24 pm

WOWSERS Paulie, how many stoves do you have in one stage or another of tear down or build up at this point ?

you sure you're going to have a few hours to help me deliver a stove yet this spring ?

keep at it brother there are more out there waiting and few will get better attention than you are lavishing on these.

steve

Pauliewog

Post by Pauliewog » Thu. Apr. 20, 2017 2:40 am

KingCoal wrote:WOWSERS Paulie, how many stoves do you have in one stage or another of tear down or build up at this point ?

you sure you're going to have a few hours to help me deliver a stove yet this spring ?

keep at it brother there are more out there waiting and few will get better attention than you are lavishing on these.

steve
Wow Steve, I had to sit back and think about that for a bit. If I recall when you guys were over I think the Home Stove Works #25 was blasted, partially painted, and starting to go back together.

The Hero Dockash is back together with the exception of the mica and firepot that needs repair and recast.

The International Star just needs mica, and now that the finial, swing top, footrests and door patterns I needed for the $50 Brilliant Sunshine are back , (They are identical stoves except for the nameplate) they can be plated and that one is done.

While I was waiting for the recast parts to come back from Tomahawk I blasted the Acme Carbon.

The two G6's, the Herald, and the Brilliant Sunshine are apart at the shop but I didn't get around to blasting them yet.

The only other one I'm working on is a Pittston Porcelain range for one of my neighbors. That one needs quite a bit of repairs to the firebox.

So I guess my answer is nine in various stages. :D

All I need is a few days notice my friend, I'm looking forward to that little project! It's spring here in Pennsylvania, so when you are ready I'm game.

As far as more waiting out there to be rescued, I still have a few years work with the ones buried in the trailers. :D Five of the nine are already adopted, and the Home Stove Works #25 is mine.

Looks like I'll have to set some time aside this fall to convert a few more oil and wood burners over to the black rocks.

Paulie

Pauliewog

Post by Pauliewog » Thu. Apr. 20, 2017 2:57 am

Steve........ Ya got me all flustered with your compliments, that or I'm just tired. I went upstairs, crawled into bed and thought...... Boy I'm starting to catch up !

Then I thought about which ones were adopted and realized that the Royal Stewart at the shop is almost ready to go back together, and I forgot all about the two Merry Bride #244's in this thread. :D

So I guess the total in various stages is now an even dozen. :o

Paulie

Curesmile

Post by Curesmile » Sun. Jul. 29, 2018 3:17 am

That's an awesome find Paulie!

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”