Superior Coal Co.

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Fri. Mar. 21, 2008 11:57 pm

stokerscot wrote:They should take superior, summit and harmony and mix it all together. You'd have high Heat low ash. Coal whoopa$$ by the ton! :D Scott
It would be more like Superior UAE or Superior & Lenig Summit really don't give you alot of heat ;)

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.

Post by coal berner » Sat. Mar. 22, 2008 12:06 am

coalstoves wrote:
ken wrote:you guys were right :D , it's not superior. he's selling stockton. he said it has ash of 8 to 10%. rice coal only , no buck. I will call superior and hopefully they have somebody in the area selling rice and buck.
I'm a long time user of Blaschak Coal and recently tried a batch of Superior pea, the Superior in my opinion produced more heat, burned slower and produced less ash than the Blaschak I used this season . It seems to like a bit more air after shake down to get going then can be cut back quite a bit to maintain a hot long burn it also seemed to produce a good bit more fly ash than the Blaschak but it's hard to confirm since I haven't opened the door on the stove since Oct when I lit it and I'm just going by whats piling up on the sill in front of the glass and there could be other factors involved other than the coal.

I'm not sure Superior is the type of operation that you can just call and get a list of retailers in your area like you do with Blaschak, they are a smaller regional supplier that deals in bulk only this is prolly a good thing as they are also priced $25 less per ton than Blaschak.
Hey coalstoves is it save to say that you are a believer Now and if you are My I suggest
you go back and edit most of your post :lol: :P

CoalHeat
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Post by CoalHeat » Sat. Mar. 22, 2008 8:03 am

coal berner wrote:
coalstoves wrote: I'm a long time user of Blaschak Coal and recently tried a batch of Superior pea, the Superior in my opinion produced more heat, burned slower and produced less ash than the Blaschak I used this season . It seems to like a bit more air after shake down to get going then can be cut back quite a bit to maintain a hot long burn it also seemed to produce a good bit more fly ash than the Blaschak but it's hard to confirm since I haven't opened the door on the stove since Oct when I lit it and I'm just going by whats piling up on the sill in front of the glass and there could be other factors involved other than the coal.

I'm not sure Superior is the type of operation that you can just call and get a list of retailers in your area like you do with Blaschak, they are a smaller regional supplier that deals in bulk only this is prolly a good thing as they are also priced $25 less per ton than Blaschak.
Hey coalstoves is it save to say that you are a believer Now and if you are My I suggest
:funny: :nana: :nono:

coalstoves
Location: Mt.Carmel Pa. Located on The Western Middle Anthracite Field

Post by coalstoves » Sat. Mar. 22, 2008 8:49 am

coal berner wrote:Hey coalstoves is it save to say that you are a believer Now and if you are My I suggest
:)
Hey Coal Berner ya know I still like the way that Blaschak burns too, and it's pretty hard to overlook all the years of service I have gotten from their product kinda like turnin your back on a old friend.

But that price is a pretty good spread apart and Superior has some good qualities.

I hope it remains the same with Roger leaving, I liked that guy he's one of those kind of folks that as soon as ya meet them ya feel like you have know them fer years "Good People" . Gotta try some Summit yet too .

But anyway point me to a post ya think needs editing and I'll revisit the topic :surrender:

coal berner

Post by coal berner » Sun. Mar. 23, 2008 4:49 am

coalstoves wrote:
coal berner wrote:Hey coalstoves is it save to say that you are a believer Now and if you are My I suggest
:)
Hey Coal Berner ya know I still like the way that Blaschak burns too, and it's pretty hard to overlook all the years of service I have gotten from their product kinda like turnin your back on a old friend.

But that price is a pretty good spread apart and Superior has some good qualities.

I hope it remains the same with Roger leaving, I liked that guy he's one of those kind of folks that as soon as ya meet them ya feel like you have know them fer years "Good People" . Gotta try some Summit yet too .

But anyway point me to a post ya think needs editing and I'll revisit the topic :surrender:
There is no reason
for it to change with Roger gone He has nothing to do with the coal he does not work in the breaker the only time he is in the breaker is to fill the trucks & trailers and back to the scale he goe's well I have been buying there coal since 1997
and the only thing that really changed was the ash content went up but the heat never went away or the long burn times
I can tell you this you will not like Summit as much as Superior Summit will be alot lower in heat output but the ash will be lower running around 9 to 9.5% all white ash Back to Superior the only reason the ash went up is they loss one of there good mines in 2006 witch they got 1/3 of there coal from it was a real good vein back then the ash was down 9 to 10%
now there getting 12.4 to 14% As far as your Post go any of them that you where Negative about Superior coal before you tried it would be a good start :lol:

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Mon. Mar. 24, 2008 4:04 am

hey jc skippy wants his rocks and shale back for the kenmore

coal berner

Post by coal berner » Tue. Mar. 25, 2008 8:57 am

lincolnmania wrote:hey jc skippy wants his rocks and shale back for the kenmore
Tell him to grab the shovel go out to the driveway fill a few buckets and throw them into the kenmore if he wants to burn rocks what wrong with the coal :?:
Last edited by coal berner on Tue. Mar. 25, 2008 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Tue. Mar. 25, 2008 10:05 am

coal berner wrote:
lincolnmania wrote:hey jc skippy wants his rocks and shale back for the kenmore
Tell him to grab the shovel go out to the driveway fill a few buckets and throw them into the kenmore if he wants to burn rocks what wrong with the coal not :?:
he plays with it too much

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”