Anyone Shut Down Their Stove Yet? 31 MAR 15

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sun. Apr. 12, 2015 4:43 pm

I moved a ton to the "summer storage" area .... only left 300 lbs available for burning.

getting ready to "shut-er-down"...

Maybe by the end of summer the coal will be dry !

ElCamMan515
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker K-Lite
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Surdiac Gotha 513
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Pea Anthracite

Post by ElCamMan515 » Mon. Apr. 13, 2015 8:42 am

I unplugged the Koker K-Lite yesterday as the draft was not very good (right around -.01) and did not want to chance getting CO into the house and it was 65+ degrees yesterday and today forecasters are saying it will be 70+. If it gets chilly in the house again, ill just relight.

Tim

DennisH
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon-Eagle Klondike IV
Other Heating: Propane

Post by DennisH » Wed. Apr. 22, 2015 4:41 pm

I re-fired the wood side of my coal/wood furnace today! It has been effing COLD here in the U.P, eh, for the past several days! Had been heating with propane for the past couple weeks, just to take the morning and evening chill off the house. But the last few days were just cold, blustery, windy, damp and a very penetrating cold. I got tired of the house being 66degF while on propane, so I fired up the furnace a few hours ago, and with wood it's now a toasty 72degF in the house, everywhere!! :D :D

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Wed. Apr. 22, 2015 5:06 pm

DennisH wrote:I re-fired the wood side of my coal/wood furnace today! It has been effing COLD here in the U.P, eh, for the past several days! Had been heating with propane for the past couple weeks, just to take the morning and evening chill off the house. But the last few days were just cold, blustery, windy, damp and a very penetrating cold. I got tired of the house being 66degF while on propane, so I fired up the furnace a few hours ago, and with wood it's now a toasty 72degF in the house, everywhere!! :D :D
Anything but propane ! I feel for ya.

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”