Very Happy With Leisure Line.

Jack Straw

Post by Jack Straw » Sun. Jan. 11, 2009 5:36 pm

Jack, I bought my stove from them, the best money I have ever spent. I live about three miles from their store in drums. How close are you to the snowmobile trails in carbondale. I ride their when I can, so if your stuck getting a truck let me know. The only complaint I have about my LL stove is that you cannot make jiffy-pop popcorn on the top of it. Can you believe it. It must be the coal-trolls fault.

rinks135

Post by rinks135 » Mon. Jan. 12, 2009 8:09 am

I WAS WONDERING IF ANY ONE COULD HELP ME OUT I HAVE A LEISURE LINE POCONO BACK VENT HOOKED TO A POWER VENT AND THE STOVE IS IN THE BASEMENT I have a older home with new windows but it has plaster wall's in it I have the max at 6 and the min at 6 and hlf at 1 and the grate does't have a 1"or 2" of ash in front of the fire i'am not to happy with the stove about now when I bought it he said it would heat my whole house no problem well that's not the case my house is about 1350 square ft could any please help

tuck57

Post by tuck57 » Mon. Jan. 12, 2009 9:43 am

I'm sure you will get more helpful answers soon, As I this is my first year heating with coal and others here are much more experienced. Your maximum should be at least 40 to 45. You're running the stove on idle all the time at that setting (6) and not letting the stove do it's work.

Paulie

Post by Paulie » Mon. Jan. 12, 2009 10:53 am

Take your max feed rate upto 60, and see how big the burn is. If you are using coal trol, set temp to something the stove
could never achieve. This way, you can accurately set the max feed rate. You add or subtract from 60 after the burn settles
in. My min is 6, max is 64. This gives me 2" ash on grate at max burn. All coal burns a little different, even bag to bag.
Your draft/baro setting plays a role too. Good Luck and feel free to ask away. My Leisure Line stove has solid build quality.
performs as advertised, was delivered on time, tons of support. Once you get to know it, it is dirt simple. Simple is good.
These guys do a nice job all away around. Between factory support and posts here, you will nail the operation down, and
watch OPEC choke a little. Good Luck! :D

tw230

Post by tw230 » Mon. Jan. 12, 2009 12:30 pm

I have to give a quick chime in for the endorsement of the Coal-trol. It really is remarkable in my situation. I first had the Coal-trol in the same room as the stove but the stove is not where I want the heat. I need the heat down the hall into the rest of the house from my breezeway. I would need to make adjustments to compensate for how much warmer I need to make my breezeway to get the desired temp in the living area. Sometimes I would guess wrong and be a couple degs. cooler or warmer as the outside temp would change.

I then moved the Coal-trol 15 feet to the living area. It take some time to get the heat down the hall way and into the living room. It honestly is holding the temp more consistent then the oil boiler did. I set it at 72 and only see +-1deg. It even seems like maybe less coal usage. I expected larger over heats because of the control in another room but it is not the cast. In my case of wanting to control the heat in a room the stove is NOT in, the Coal trol is simply remarkable.

pvolcko
Verified Business Rep.

Post by pvolcko » Tue. Jan. 13, 2009 5:00 pm

HI Steve, I posted a reply to this same question in the Coal-trol forum. Please pick one thread and we'll work from there. :)

BigSlim

Post by BigSlim » Fri. Jan. 16, 2009 10:42 pm

1st Time Newbie Here,

GREAT SITE!!! Thanks to everyone for all of the information that is available here.

It was based on that information that I decided to buy a LL Econo model. My wife and I made the trip to drums to pick up the stove. We had a nice ride up 81 through the mountains. If you ever get a chance to stop at Funks Family Restaurant off of 81(don't remember the exit #, 40 miles south of Drums) don't pass it up. Good food, good service, very reasonable prices.

Our stove has been in operation since 1/6/09. It hasn't been shut down once. The Coal Trol took some figuring out with operator error being my biggest problem. Patience isn't one of my attributes. It holds a steady 73 degs and doesn't seem to very more than 1 or 2 degs even in this cold (for Maryland) weather. The only time my oil furnace runs is when my wife turns it on to heat up the bathroom at the back of the house.

In the last 24 hrs our temps have been between 9 and 18 degs. Our stove has used 42 lbs of coal and produced 7.4 lbs of ash. I'm not at all sure what that information tells me, but I thought I would throw it out here and maybe someone could tell me if I'm headed in the right direction.
Brad

ddersch4
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Heat Pumps

Post by ddersch4 » Thu. May. 09, 2013 6:50 pm

Just placed my order for a LL Pioneer. Thanks for putting up with all my questions Dave. I 86ed the extra fan and top duct vent and went with a standard one. Can't wait for winter to fire that baby up.

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Thu. May. 09, 2013 10:06 pm

ddersch4 wrote:Just placed my order for a LL Pioneer. Thanks for putting up with all my questions Dave. I 86ed the extra fan and top duct vent and went with a standard one. Can't wait for winter to fire that baby up.
Great to hear PM me the dealers name so I will know which is yours. It was great speaking with you. :D

Dave Hubler
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure line ak-180
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by Dave Hubler » Mon. Dec. 05, 2022 11:06 pm

I definitely know why people are happy with leisure line stoves & furnace's here acouple months ago I bought a LL a-k 180 hot-air stoker & I'm extra very pleased with it I only have 2 heat runs hooked up right now in the upstairs none in basement but it's very warm in the 2 upper floors & it's decent in basement! I'm heating an older 2 well 3 story with basement with old windows & some issues with draft in basement & the mud room but around 1,800 to 2000 SQ feet & no problems at all heating it with one burner!

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”