$550/Ton Bagged Coal??? Is This Possible?!!?

Breakerboy
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman DVC 500
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Keystoker Oil Boiler Cast iron Standing Radiators

Post by Breakerboy » Tue. Mar. 11, 2014 12:36 am

titleist1 wrote:i clicked on the link and got the 10.99 price also. Their bags of pellets are listed at 8.49 which is on the high side too. But if you are getting your fuel from there it is probably an couple bag emergency situation and you're not getting your years supply at those prices.
You would be surprised people in my area buy by the ton at 8.00 to 8.49 a bag.. There is a Hardware store 2 blocks that sell 40 lb bags and I asked the clerk how much they sell and he told me a lot... All I know is I saw the pallets in parking lot in October counted 100 ton saw them getting another load dropped off in January .. Like I said before I don't know why people pay that when there is a breaker located within 20 miles or less in every direction .. But people do!!

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Tue. Mar. 11, 2014 12:36 am

Sunny Boy wrote:
I never put in any info to identify my area, but near the top of the page it lists, " 3 items for NORWICH, NY 13815: (change zip) ".
You don't have the "special order" next to the price as depicted in the screenshot?

Says free shipping on orders over $45 in the upper left, I would guess they using geo location and jacking up the price for longer and more costlier deliveries.... but delivery is free. :lol:

Breakerboy

Post by Breakerboy » Tue. Mar. 11, 2014 12:49 am

Nuts but still cheaper than fuel oil 3.89 a gal as we speak ..

Breakerboy

Post by Breakerboy » Tue. Mar. 11, 2014 12:59 am

ONEDOLLAR wrote:I fully understand a "convenience store" charging premium prices for their products and you don't expect "BigBox" prices at those places either.

What I don't get is a retail hardware chain like Aubuchon that has 125 stores sticking it to people like that AND the insane $125 shipping charge to go 10 miles. Clearly Aubuchon is buying several TT loads of coal to supply its retail locations. Their website is so detailed you can view the coal inventory for each store. (or you could back in Jan at least) The outrageous price does no favors to Blaschak either. But if Aubuchon can charge it and get it then that is truly their business. But I won't be doing business with them, ever, and would encourage others not to as well.
Blaschak. Could care less what retailors are charging for the coal.. So yes u are correct.. Once breaker is paid in full they care less more power to them..

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”