SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Fri. Feb. 21, 2014 7:59 pm

MarkG wrote:
Uh huh............heres a link to the video:

Here is Mid Air Madness:

My grandson has the Power Tower and Mid-Air Madness. Imagine the car hitting a hardwood floor(as in my house), instead of carpet. :shock:
Sweet merciful Christ! My kid would be gaga over that, and I have to say a part of me would be too. We don't have carpet either. We have the peel and stick imposter hardwood floors but any little thing that hits it, especially because the ceilings are high and the rooms are open, sounds like an explosion.
You should hear the sound that's created when a car gets suck in the auger on the Power Tower. It's like it vibrates the wall.

Carbon12
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite
Other Heating: Heat Pump/Forced Hot Air Oil Furnace

Post by Carbon12 » Fri. Feb. 21, 2014 8:20 pm

I always liked bouncing a tennis ball against the wall,.....sometimes two!

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Fri. Feb. 21, 2014 8:33 pm

Carbon12 wrote:I always liked bouncing a tennis ball against the wall,.....sometimes two!
Racquet ball lessons for a 2 year old............I love it :D :lol: :lol:

Carbon12
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite
Other Heating: Heat Pump/Forced Hot Air Oil Furnace

Post by Carbon12 » Fri. Feb. 21, 2014 8:34 pm

High ceilings you say? Indoor trampoline I say!

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Sat. Feb. 22, 2014 12:32 am

Reminds me of the first and only duplex I lived in...
Neighbor would bang the vacuum against the common wall...
Of our bedroom...
Worked in the restaurant business then...
Invited a few...
Lets say vocal females... ;)
To spent a few nights...
Vowed never again to share a common wall...
Ended up with the neighbor from hell...
When I finally bought a property by the beach...
Engineers who think they know everything are a problem...
But killed him with kindness...
He still breathes but I don't speak to him...
Over Built and Over Killed a problem that existed only in his mind...
And now the town has to deal with him...
'cause I just show the engineering data and say "what problem"...

dcrane
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by dcrane » Sat. Feb. 22, 2014 5:53 am

Wanna Bee wrote:Is there any chance that you or your wife could get handicap parking plates? Stubbed toe, arthritic knee, something. Then you need to speak with the township and tell them you need a handicap parking place designated in front of your house. Blue curb and a PD sign and whamo no more *censored* neighbors to deal with. The township won't even bat an eyelash due to fear of a lawsuit.

Me I'd, we'll lets not go there. but an f350 can pull jeeps out of the mud... It sure as *censored* could drag that thing to the other side of town one rainy evening.
this idea is pure genius if you have ANYONE in your household who might be qualified as Handicap by a doctor?
It would essentially make that spot private property and you could have that car towed EVERY time its their (at neighbors cost! :lol: )... you would not even have to talk to them again.... just call the tow company and have their car delivered to the lock down pen prior to delivery day and they would need to bring a big fat check every time to pick up their car toothy Start the process today and make the doctor appointment!

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Sat. Feb. 22, 2014 8:29 am

I think your son needs to have his musical talent developed at an early age. My mother (a music teacher) started us out by banging on pots and pans with wooden spoons, marching around the house, as soon as we were old enough to walk. ;)

Paul

just peter
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Weso 225 C3, Susler Altan, Wasseralfingen 440, Susler Altan
Coal Size/Type: bituminous coal,

Post by just peter » Sat. Feb. 22, 2014 3:12 pm

Hello Mark,

Below here you find some very wise words, as far as I can understand.
I would ask you if you can open up the fence at your garden and make a window in the side of the house, you solve the problem within a few hours of work, but from page 8 this is already suggested.
So I only can say tommorow is sunday I presume you don't work so go for it.
The drive way permit take some time to get, but the coal delivery guy can choose now what works best for him, and your friendly neighbour isn't able to block both entrances.
Give hime a big and friendly smile.
Peter.
blrman07 wrote:Stop worrying about what your neighbor MIGHT do. Live your life and let your child be a child. Children are children only a very short time so enjoy this time. Don't punish your child or your wife by making them conform to the demands of your neighbors simply because you have jerks for neighbors. Stop living in fear of what they might do. Don't argue with them, don't confront them, don't live in fear of them because other than being disagreeable people, what else can they do? Your doing more to yourself than they every could. Stop letting their attitude control what you and your family do.

The best thing you can do is let these people display the type of person that they are. Don't obsess about coal deliveries. Don't obsess about the parking. Tell your wife to live her life and enjoy your child. Let your child play. That's what kids do. It's not your responsibility to ensure that they get their sleep during the daytime. Noise ordinances are geared to no excessive noise after a certain time at NIGHT, not the day. Take charge of your life. Quit living in fear of your neighbor and show him he is not going to control you or your family because your going to go right on with your life.

Re the coal deliveries. If you can, go to buying coal weekly in buckets. I buy my coal by the bucket each Monday from Keystone Anthracite in between Girardville and Shenandoah on Rt 54. I transport 7 buckets at a time in my Subaru. I will gladly loan you some buckets and if you don't have a vehicle to haul them in I will haul it for you in my vehicle. The most I have hauled is 10 buckets which is about 400-450 pounds. If your burning a ton a month that should do it. You will also save the delivery fee doing it this way. It's easier to get a full ton at a time but is what your going through worth that?

To use a phrase from the movie "Heartbreak Ridge," "Adapt and Overcome."

Make it your mission to become an expert on the ordinances and laws in Frackville. Every time they violate something make sure that code enforcement knows about it. That is a two edged sword though. You have to make sure that your up to snuff on every ordinance yourself. Get copies of the ordinances regarding noise levels and I am sure you will find your not in violation of anything. If your not, live your life and their work schedule is their problem, not yours or your families.

I will be sending you a PM with my personal contact info. I am serious about the buckets and hauling it for you if you can't until something gets changed or rearranged.

Rev. Larry
New Beginning Church
Ashland Pa.

2001Sierra
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34

Post by 2001Sierra » Sat. Feb. 22, 2014 8:45 pm

WOW, we have some serious friends to burning coal, I am impressed by those offering help :D

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Sat. Feb. 22, 2014 9:31 pm

Black Rock Gang...
BRG...

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Sat. Feb. 22, 2014 11:11 pm

Coal burners are a Band of Brothers..
That rotten neighbor needs a blanket party.. :lol:

snuffy
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF250 & Mark III backup
Other Heating: Oil Hot Water

Post by snuffy » Sat. Feb. 22, 2014 11:36 pm

Simple solution, request the police department create a temporary 24 hour no parking zone in that location. In most PA boroughs this would be a simple request because police can do it and it creates more harmony needing less police involvement. Haven't read through all the posts but this should works.
Snuffy

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sun. Feb. 23, 2014 4:59 am

Wow.... 11 pages in 2 1/2 days, I just read them all.

Yup....can't do anything that's not legal....the neighbor might have cameras himself.

Yup.... tough situation.

I hope you can separate my serious advice from my odd humor.

Many ideas might work, most seem to cost money, like buying an extra car, making a new driveway, breaking your wife's legs so she can get a handicap permit. (The Dr's visit cost!) It seems like you are willing to spend a certain amount of money. No one has mentioned my idea. It will not cure the problem, but it will reduce it by at least 66%.

Fill the bin! I know you don't have the money, but, a comment or two: 1: You say you pay extra because you only buy one ton at a time. Ask the coal company if they will deliver three ton, let you pay for one, then pay them each 4 weeks for the next two ton. Offer to pay them the one ton price. You might be surprised to find they will let you pay the three ton price over time as long as it's always paid in full before the next delivery. 2: What does 2 more ton cost? Borrow the money to pay for 3 tons at once. Mom, Dad? Money is an odd thing.... what would you do if your refrigerator died today? One way or another, money would be found. You're fridge isn't going to die! Use that money for the other two tons 3: Can you make the bin even larger? If it held a years worth, the problem would be a once a year headache. Do you get a tax refund? What a perfect investment. It's a good feeling too having the fuel for the whole year.

It's too bad the delivery can't be scheduled at an exact time. Buy the neighbors supper at the local pizza place & deliver while they are eating.

I'd aim for option 1: Fill the 3 ton bin.

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Sun. Feb. 23, 2014 7:27 am

Wow.... Freddy gets the award for most carefully thought thru b4 commenting post, most companies deliver oil/propain on budget plans,why not coal ?? Freddy, if you weren't so far away I would have my wife drop off a maple syrup sweetened apple pie , only way I can eat them & not mess up my blood sugar,& they taste best sweetened with maple syrup. Yes, I know your comments weren't for me,but I really do think you have offered the best solution,which will cause the least stress with all involved in this coal delivery dilemma. Neighbors could become friends .......... yea, that's stretching,but .

dcrane
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by dcrane » Sun. Feb. 23, 2014 8:11 am

I cant believe how passionate we all are with this post :clap: 2 days and it's drawn more idea's and been more reviewed than anything on the forum!

Funny how the oldest members seem to be the wise ole' birds with a plan of least resistance (no offense Freddie toothy ) , while the rest of us are throwing hoods on or drafting court motions for life, liberty and the persuet of happiness :doh:

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”