Snow Storm Week of 2-10-14

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Thu. Feb. 13, 2014 8:48 pm

And I wasn't picking you out, because we know better than that.
Actually, I have a skid steer Case 1845C with a 10' pusher, a Cat 955H and a Allis Chalmers 190 with an 11' blade, double chained, weighted by a 5' boom mower system, with a heated cab and Pandora and we get this c rap now and again that's life in this neck of the woods..... but please let me just whine a little ... pretty PLEASE. A little xxx winter warmer and some good snacks and away we go.... Life is just a bowl of cherries..... I'm nearly 70 and my days of wrestling with this stuff with a bent snow shovel are over but the biggest luxury is coming home to a toasty coal heated house. :D

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Thu. Feb. 13, 2014 8:56 pm

Well they say 16"- 22" and we're ready, got coal, got food, got each other (in case we run out of coal :lol: ) Lighten up folks because every time it snows you save money heating with coal.

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Thu. Feb. 13, 2014 9:06 pm

Round 2 has arrived here with another 2" so far & very strong winds,did I mention VERY STRONG winds ?? :shock: not complaining as it is to be accepted for winter in these parts,if only the previous owner who was such a beer guzzling idiot,if only the idiot had put in good windows ,we wouldn't feel the wind INSIDE the house, what a beer guzzling idiot !!

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Thu. Feb. 13, 2014 9:08 pm

Uh...
Rain and 43*...
Snow a melting...
Packed snow becomes ice...
Should be above freezing for another 24 hours...
Sorry...
But that's The Cape for ya...
Winds are light...

Carbon12
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite
Other Heating: Heat Pump/Forced Hot Air Oil Furnace

Post by Carbon12 » Thu. Feb. 13, 2014 9:08 pm

So glad I shoveled the driveway today. It'll make the 6 inches we're getting tonight easier to shovel in the morning. :mad: not to mention the snow it looks like we'll get Friday night into Saturday. The Radar Boys are already talking tightly spaced isobars. Looks like yet another Nor'Easter a coming our way :mad: :mad: :mad:

lowfog01
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea

Post by lowfog01 » Fri. Feb. 14, 2014 5:08 am

We got an additional 3 or 4 inches of snow on top of some rain last night. That was enough to cancel school for the day again today. I did manage to dig my car out yesterday and drive by the school where I park the bus to see if I could dig it out but they hadn't even touched the parking lot and the snow plow had blocked the entrance when he did the street. I'll check again today before yet another winter weather event moves into area with more snow tonight.

I'm getting bummed about the wetter than recent winters we are having. We have used all our snow days and now are adding make up days to the end of the school year. Our school system already gets out in late June due to an after Labor day start; if the weather keeps up we won't be out until July. Even given that, they made the decision not to touch our spring break days due to the fact many families have already made reservations for the holiday. I really don't want school to go any longer than it already is.

Stay warm, take care, Lisa

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Fri. Feb. 14, 2014 7:32 am

Got a lil break before predicted round 2 this evening--today's gonna be about doing some plowing out:)

Attachments

IMG_0005.JPG
.JPG | 33KB | IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
.JPG | 47.3KB | IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
.JPG | 43KB | IMG_0007.JPG

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Fri. Feb. 14, 2014 8:10 am

We had 8 good inches and then I saw this and 47* by 2:00 PM. 8-)
20140213_134452[1].jpg
.JPG | 90.7KB | 20140213_134452[1].jpg
Kevin

dammit, there is no rhyme nor reason to how that dam phone displays pics. It is spun 180 on the camera and computer!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Fri. Feb. 14, 2014 8:52 am

OK, OK--ALL you guys know that those dumb phones ya got, post the pix sideways--ya ever think about turnin the phone so it comes out right?????????????? :doh: :clap: toothy --Mornin Kevin:)

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Fri. Feb. 14, 2014 9:39 am

What a difference a day makes,we only got about 3" last nite, on top of the 12" or so that fell earlier in the day ,the winds were awful,but low of 27* this a/m,now up to 35*,some sunshine ,everything looks brighter today.

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Fri. Feb. 14, 2014 9:40 am

windyhill4.2 wrote:No sympathy,well I feel sorry for you,Smitty, & I am not expecting anything from our America destroying government either,but to say you have no sympathy for those without power & possible have no heat. From what I have read on this forum a man with sympathy who is no longer living had sympathy for you,or did you forget ?? Just take a stroll down to your basement & look at the boiler setting there keeping you warm,a gift from God !!!
Gimme a friggin break Windy! This has got nothing to do with Jim's generosity, and shame on you for even trying to spin it that way!!

There;s a thing called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY that is sorely lacking in today's society. The people who have NONE are the ones I COULDN'T GIVE 2 SHITS ABOUT.

If my neighbor needs a generator, I'll bring one over. WTF am I supposed to do about the rest of the world??? I'm only one man!

Christ, you sound like a friggin leftist! :roll:

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Fri. Feb. 14, 2014 9:45 am

OK, OK--ALL you guys know that those dumb phones ya got, post the pix sideways--ya ever think about turnin the phone so it comes out right?????????????? :doh: :clap: toothy --Mornin Kevin:)
It does not seem to matter how I turn the phone Fred.... :( The upload does what it wants to do. I would have to create a folder and import it into my computer and then manipulate it with the computers programing. Then delete the folder. Crap on that! Just turn your head and don't fall over.... :P
Morning right back at ya.

Kevin

Carbon12
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite
Other Heating: Heat Pump/Forced Hot Air Oil Furnace

Post by Carbon12 » Fri. Feb. 14, 2014 10:08 am

At this time, AccuWeather is saying 1-3 inches tonight through tomorrow here. However,.....they said they were "afraid" the storm track might enable the storm to change into a Nor'Easter. Again? Really? Enough already. If it does, you New Englanders and Mainers might be in for a lot more slop :o
Is Maine New England or a country unto itself??? :D

I'm On Fire
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator

Post by I'm On Fire » Fri. Feb. 14, 2014 10:48 am

I got HAMMERED yesterday into this morning. By the time I woke up today we had another 20" on top of the 14" we got yesterday and that was on top of the 13" we got from last week's storm. And now they are calling for another 1-2" for Saturday on top of that.

If anyone hates Old Man Winter more it's got to be me. I wish this guy would die in a fire.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Fri. Feb. 14, 2014 11:12 am

I'm On Fire wrote:another 20" on top of the 14" we got yesterday
Double YOWZA! You win! You win! (Sorry to say) Gosh.... be careful moving it all.

We got 8 or 9 inches, then sleet that took it down to 7 or 8inches, but weighs like 14 inches. Then rain rain rain, took it down to 6" but now it weighs the same as 36 inches. I usually spend an hour or so snow blowing if we get 6 or 8 inches. I just spent almost 5 hours out there fighting Old Man Winter. I've had enough!

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”