That's It- Stick With Blaschak!

Devil505

Post by Devil505 » Fri. Apr. 18, 2008 9:14 am

I heard from Eastern Ice just now & they said the coal I was struggling with was "Reading Coal" & that's all they have. I told them to call me if/when they ever get Blaschak & I would consider it. Reading stinks!

spc

Post by spc » Fri. Apr. 18, 2008 9:21 am

See if they are willing to get Superior or UAE coal. It is the coal of choice for both hand & stoker stoves. Point them to this forum to read the "customer satisfaction". :)

Devil505

Post by Devil505 » Fri. Apr. 18, 2008 9:33 am

spc wrote:See if they are willing to get Superior or UAE coal. It is the coal of choice for both hand & stoker stoves. Point them to this forum to read the "customer satisfaction". :)
The guy I talked to said most of his customers have old (crappy) Russo or Chubby stoves & have not complained. They are mainly & Ice company & it sounds like they aren't real interested in getting quality coal. I did tell them to contact me if they got something besides Reading Coal in the future.

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Fri. Apr. 18, 2008 9:57 am

Good Morning Dick,

What you also might point out is that UAE and Superior don't cost any more than Reading, and they will have happy customers instead of struggling unhappy customers.. Happy customers make referals, unhappy customers complain.

Greg L

Yanche
Stoker Coal Boiler: Alternate Heating Systems S-130
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea

Post by Yanche » Fri. Apr. 18, 2008 10:27 am

My previous coal dealer sold two brands of bulk coal, Reading plus a brand he wouldn't identify but said it was superior to Reading. I asked why he didn't just sell the better coal? He said because Reading would finance the coal for him. It worked like this. Reading coal that was delivered to him in the summer months didn't have to be paid for until September. He could then encourage his regular customers, with some summer price discounts, to buy early and it wasn't any money out of his pocket. The other coal company was a much smaller operation and he needed to pay when the coal was delivered. Perhaps that's what is happening with other Reading dealers.

bksaun
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Legacy SF-270
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 503
Coal Size/Type: Stoker/Bit, Pea or Nut Anthracite

Post by bksaun » Fri. Apr. 18, 2008 3:04 pm

Burned Reading rice last year and it was Ok, burned Blashack this year and it is slightly better. Seems to have less shale.

Any strip coal can vary in quality depending on which side of the hill it comes from and can change over night. what is good today might not be tomorrow!

BK

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”