Ash

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Jan. 19, 2014 6:26 pm

Bags are your answer JD--ya best wear some rubber gloves when handling. Ya gotta be careful of all those chemicals! Damn, I don't even know how safe I feel burnin the stuff now that you've brought all that up.

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sun. Jan. 19, 2014 6:38 pm

Love that coal ash. I keep a 100' path open between the riding arena and the barn in the winter with coal ash galore. Rain washes it all off into the pond and the koi are starring in Jaws 3. Lettuce, cuks, tomato, sunflowers live on it laden with old horse poop - yummy. Ever seen a 20' high sunflower? You have to ask the question of the bioavailability of the heavy metal complexes in ash as well as measured levels. Study the epidemiology of disease in Pittston looking for heavy metal diseases over the last 100 years vs any town in S NJ, nothing wrong with that coal ash stuff. Now mercury emissions from HO and asthma in NYC, now that's a different matter and Fukushima, now that really terrifies me (do you know where your coriums are tonight). A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, look at Obama.
Last edited by coalnewbie on Sun. Jan. 19, 2014 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Jan. 19, 2014 6:50 pm

Phew, I'm glad somebody cleared that up--I was gonna pull the HITZER out tomorrow & go back to KERO at 4 something a gallon---NOT-- thanx Simon ;) So many misconceptions about Anthracite it's not all that much of a shock that the sheeple get freaked out when they hear someone is burning it, let alone disposing of the ash. I have noticed my guy boobs getting bigger over the last 6 yrs---oh wait, I think that's just about getting old & settlin :clap: toothy

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Sun. Jan. 19, 2014 7:08 pm

WELL,call me a skeptic, arsenic,lead & mercury :?: ,just try burning one of those!! Where on earth do some people come up with all this enviro-wacky stuff??????? TV ?? Where on earth does that coal come from,i would strongly reccomend you get that coal out of your house ASAP, haul your stove here ,we will put it to good use making lots of those three chemicals,we can then sell them to China for paint ingredients . By the way,you should not be sending those chemicals with your garbage, call for haz-mat disposal ,good grief !!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sun. Jan. 19, 2014 7:18 pm

I just got of the Horn with 'Ol Pal ALGORE. He'd found time to return my call even though he was really tied up trying to find enough High School and College Aged Dolts to help sweep up after the latest Volcanic Eruption. He had said that most of his "Lil Helpers" were tied up tryin' to filter the Ocean Water off of that there Fukashima Daichi Deal. I asked him about an end use of Anthracite Coal Ash. He dropped the phone,horrified ! He asked me if I had any Bunny Suits with the SCBA Rebreathers. He gasped when I told him that I was "Fresh Out" ! After I got him calmed down,I told him that since a trip to McDonalds will kill us all,we needed to step back,calm down,and use our heads when it comes to Toxic's,Exposure Scenarios,and what Incidental or Cumulative for our Life Expectancy Exposures really entail. I told him that Ash isn't a HazMat. I further suggested that with the facts,and Proper Applications and Usage Scenarios,many Burn Process Off-Casts can have a Second-Life Use and be a Total Product Use Victory. He kinda' huffed and said I was blowing his Endorsement Monies from the Bunny Suit Companies and hung-up. He can be such a Hothead sometimes. I guess in the end,using Common Sense,Factual Knowledge and Reasonable Use Restrictions can win the day on your Personal Property.....Man,am I ever 'gonna Burn In Hell for this one,Gang! :bag:

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Sun. Jan. 19, 2014 7:19 pm

A while back when this coal ash subject was brought up here on NEPA I posted the link to the EPA's feelings on using coal ash in a vegatable garden and the answer was it was ok. I can't find the post but if I do I will add the link here. I haven't noticed anything from the coal ash use in our garden. Other than this third arm that has been growing out of the middle of my back and a 3rd eye on the back of my wifes head.. Opps wait..... That has always been there. :D

I think aspertane (sp?) is far more dangerous to be exposed to and that crap is in almost everything these days it seems.

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Sun. Jan. 19, 2014 7:27 pm

Hambden Bob, you are hitting the nail on the head! We are being instructed to panic over coal ash, while being media whitewashed into acceptance of the enduring and ever expanding radiation hazard from Fukashima as no big thing.

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sun. Jan. 19, 2014 7:31 pm

expanding radiation hazard from Fukashima as no big thing.
and the EPA just issued guidelines on radiation exposure massively increasing the "safe" levels. We are governed by morons. Meanwhile the crew of the aircraft carrier Reagan are quietly dying off, many heroic attempts to cleanse the ship were futile and it now sits quietly in San Diego harbor where no one has a clue what to do with it. You can't fix stupid.

Pacowy
Stoker Coal Boiler: H.B. Smith 350 Mills boiler/EFM 85R stoker
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/anthracite

Post by Pacowy » Sun. Jan. 19, 2014 8:00 pm

JimD wrote:With everything I have read on coal ash, I will just bag it and toss it in the trash , too much arsenic, lead and mercury for my liking, I have chickens that roam and a well..... Bags it is!!!
Bag it if you like, but the quantity of arsenic in PA anthracite averages about 8 ppm (http://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/2005/3152/fs2005-3152.pdf), which is well within the normal range of the soil the chickens are walking on. From everything I have read, most arsenic comes from pyrite, and if you're worried about arsenic exposure around your home you should be focusing on things like PT lumber. I don't want to create needless exposure to toxins, but I also don't want to be manipulated into a panic over a level of exposure I'm likely to face with or without coal ash.

Mike

JimD
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Rare Crane Coal Cooker # 88. And pot bellied coal stove
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut coal

Post by JimD » Sun. Jan. 19, 2014 8:23 pm

freetown fred wrote:Bags are your answer JD--ya best wear some rubber gloves when handling. Ya gotta be careful of all those chemicals! Damn, I don't even know how safe I feel burnin the stuff now that you've brought all that up.
I'm just sayin ...not tryin to be a treehugger... Just easier to just throw away

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Jan. 19, 2014 8:29 pm

JD, that is perfectly understandable, but the chemical, WAY out of whack fear mongering concept is something out of Al Gores/EPA's garbage handbook. Nothin personal my friend.

Hambden Bob

Post by Hambden Bob » Sun. Jan. 19, 2014 8:32 pm

Jim,it's Your Highly Valued Life,Family,Livestock and Personal Property. While you still have the right of Self-Determination on how you'll Manage and Protect all of those parts of your Life that are Precious to you,do so! We just don't want to lose that same right if we're armed with the facts,not the Greenpeace version of Life. I know we've been fighting the Brainwash Premise that Coal in the first place is Bad. A lot of us are fatigued as hell of the EPA and their Raiding Party Mentality. Carry On,Mister ! :up:

JimD
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Rare Crane Coal Cooker # 88. And pot bellied coal stove
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut coal

Post by JimD » Sun. Jan. 19, 2014 8:46 pm

I just ran around the yard throwing the ash in the air and yelled " screw the internet and their fear mongering warnings " lol.

As a newbie you try to get as much info as you can and it's hard to know who is right and who is bullshitting us. That's why I like this place....you guys have the experience....that's the reason we come here.

I do Hate mr. The planet has a fever Gore. Ugh. Lol

Hambden Bob

Post by Hambden Bob » Sun. Jan. 19, 2014 8:49 pm

Jim,YOU ANTHRACITE MONGERING DEVIL !! :punk:

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Sun. Jan. 19, 2014 8:54 pm

Yep, JimD , you can find all kinds of help on here, even the brain clearing head slap type of help,welcome back to reality,you should be able to sleep better now,knowing that you have less to fear about coal ash than aspartame & GMO foods. :)

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”