General energy and coal related topics, news and basic information. If you do not know where to post your topic post it here.
- Posts: 8301
- Joined: Wed. Nov. 16, 2011 9:51 am
- Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Overmodified/Bored out Clayton 1537
- Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/Awesome Size
- Location: Olean, NY
I would tend to think crushing with a vehicle would turn in into rice. It will be interesting to see how it works out...
- Site Moderator
- Posts: 8446
- Joined: Wed. Nov. 05, 2008 5:11 pm
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
- Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
- Coal Size/Type: nut and pea
- Location: Kent CT
Save the coal for warmer weather and then remove the hopper and batch load the stove with the nut coal.