4 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Site Moderator
- Posts: 2296
- Joined: Fri. Jan. 11, 2008 10:49 am
- Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Casting Vigilant II 2310
- Other Heating: #2 Oil Furnace
- Location: Pequest River Valley, Warren Co NJ
Thanks, it's a good read. Sounds like a great interactive museum to pay a family visit to. Teach your children well . . .
- Posts: 11371
- Joined: Thu. Mar. 13, 2008 10:29 am
- Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
- Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
- Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75
- Location: Linesville, Pa.
The mines were most likely one of the worse if not the worse but lets face it at that time (which lasted an awful long time) things were bad in most areas & businesses. I think many that have been lucky enough to have had a fairly good environment to be brought up in & had the opportunity to not really have to do any actual manual labor would be surprised at some of the work & conditions that still exist to this day.