Meet and Greet 2013, June 29

Forum rules
ATTN New Forum Members: The forum is divided into different sections/categories. The section you are viewing now titled "Forum News, Forum Questions & Forum Feedback" is for questions about using this forum, e.g. "How do I post a picture?". It's also used for announcements about the forum and things of that nature.

Please post your questions to the appropriate section. A full list of the sections/categories can be found here or by clicking the link labeled "Board Index" on any page.

Thanks

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Sun. Jun. 30, 2013 9:29 pm

IMG_00000144.jpg
.JPG | 127.5KB | IMG_00000144.jpg
I threw a little wood on to see just how dirty it burns. :D

My phone battery died as the dancing girls got there so sorry no pics of them.

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Sun. Jun. 30, 2013 9:30 pm

nice lookin trees.

Flyer5

Post by Flyer5 » Sun. Jun. 30, 2013 9:31 pm

Richard S. wrote:Yes lighting a 220K coal furnace in the middle of the summer in a driveway was a bit odd. Next year we'll have it tin the fall and we can all sit around at night as our campfire. :lol:
Not for me I do it all the time at shows. The hardest part is making the thermostat think its below 90* some days.
Last edited by Flyer5 on Sun. Jun. 30, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Sun. Jun. 30, 2013 9:47 pm

franco b wrote:nice lookin trees.
It's a really nice setting Franco and plenty of room. Hopefully we'll be able to do it again there again sometime and get a better turnout. They have the facilities to easily host 200 people.

Flyer5

Post by Flyer5 » Sun. Jun. 30, 2013 10:39 pm

BTW it was really great meeting everyone. I had a great time I wish I could have stayed longer. :up: :cheers: And thanks to our Mayor Richard for being such a terrific host.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Sun. Jun. 30, 2013 11:26 pm

Sorry I arrivied so late and missed the herd, would of enjoyed meeting more members.
Any how, Richard took good care of me, he grilled me some chicken and steered me to the other goodies. ;)
You fellows missed on the Beer I imported from Ohio...It is some new kind, never seen until last year...it's called yeugling or somethink like that. :)

Hey, does anybody know that Richard has quite a talent for fire building? He show me a thing or two. :secret:

Met and shared a few brews with Dan from the Fireplace Gallery, he sure seems to know alot about installing and servicing most all the solid fueled heating contraptions.
I drug back to Ohio a bit more than 7000 lbs of his coal with an old 1994 F250. what a ride!!!

dcrane
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by dcrane » Mon. Jul. 01, 2013 3:34 am

who's the young buck in the red plaid shirt / pin stipe hat? not even grey hair on his head yet and he's interested in coal and saving money :shock: wish I was that ambitious at his age :lol:

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Mon. Jul. 01, 2013 4:55 am

Wish I could have been there. My Leer jet was in for service. One of these years....

Sure looks like a beautiful area. If I had to leave Maine I'd have PA in my sights.

JayDude132

Post by JayDude132 » Mon. Jul. 01, 2013 10:10 am

Im the one with the red/black plaid shirt. Youre never too young to be cheap! Haha

Im glad to see that some pictures were taken of the event. That was a real fun meet and greet and ill be ready for the next one!

dcrane
Verified Business Rep.

Post by dcrane » Mon. Jul. 01, 2013 8:15 pm

JayDude132 wrote:Im the one with the red/black plaid shirt. Youre never too young to be cheap! Haha

Im glad to see that some pictures were taken of the event. That was a real fun meet and greet and ill be ready for the next one!
hey Jay dude :clap: good to meet ya (even if only by photo)... Its good to see such new members taking the time to stop by a say hi to Rich (I assume you live nearby the event). When I come down I'll be making a mini vaca out of it because its such a long drive (Im surprised Larry drove down and back in one day, that's just insane).

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Mon. Jul. 01, 2013 8:22 pm

dcrane wrote:(Im surprised Larry drove down and back in one day, that's just insane).
Larry drove down Friday and stayed the night at a hotel, the other long distance traveler McGeiver and he stayed the night.

I'm going to do this in the Fall next year. The date change, time of the year etc.... all bad decisions on my part. I think we had about 10 people in total. If I have it in the fall when activity is at it's highest and there isn't so many other things going on we should have a much better turnout.

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Mon. Jul. 01, 2013 8:28 pm

I think that's a fantastic idea Richard! A Fall gathering would be prime time!! That's when we're all chomping at the bit to lite up the black rocks and enthusiasm would be peaking lol like mid September while it's still nice out..... I wish we could try it this September 8-)

dcrane
Verified Business Rep.

Post by dcrane » Mon. Jul. 01, 2013 8:42 pm

Im pretty open to come down whenever (the timing this year, this month was just as if god himself was working against me :( ) I'd even go for fall this year if you got a few people together who wanted to take a couple days to relax.

JayDude132

Post by JayDude132 » Wed. Jul. 03, 2013 3:22 pm

We drove from the Hershey area, it was a great trip up in the '71 skylark. When my brother (LDPosse on the forums) started burning coal I pretty much started tagging along on all the coal runs and I love going over to his place and messin around with the stove in the cooler months! You may have seen some pics of our trips on here - a prius hauling trailers full of coal! :D

Also, I would enjoy going to the next meet & greet whenever it is. Im sure it would be great in the fall when its nice and cool outside and the trees are in full color.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Wed. Jul. 03, 2013 10:23 pm

While I was in for the M&G, I picked up some coal here.
IMG_1096.JPG

Nice place and nice people.
This is located 5 min. from the Camp.

.JPG | 174.7KB | IMG_1096.JPG
IMG_1097.JPG

Had the pleasure of meeting Dan, the owner, Saturday night by the campfire.
Also met him at his shop/store on Sunday. He has a full service, first class operation there.

.JPG | 124KB | IMG_1097.JPG

Return to “Forum News, Forum Questions & Forum Feedback”