Meet and Greet 2013, June 29

Forum rules
ATTN New Forum Members: The forum is divided into different sections/categories. The section you are viewing now titled "Forum News, Forum Questions & Forum Feedback" is for questions about using this forum, e.g. "How do I post a picture?". It's also used for announcements about the forum and things of that nature.

Please post your questions to the appropriate section. A full list of the sections/categories can be found here or by clicking the link labeled "Board Index" on any page.

Thanks

Cap
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF 250, domestic hot water loop, heat accumulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut and Stove
Other Heating: Heat Pumps

Post by Cap » Fri. Jun. 21, 2013 8:33 am

Is the road into the cabin suitable for street motorcycle? Narrow, loose gravel, hills, etc ? How far off a paved road? I have street tires on my bike it doesn't do well on loose earth or gravel.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Fri. Jun. 21, 2013 11:56 am

Cap wrote:Is the road into the cabin suitable for street motorcycle? Narrow, loose gravel, hills, etc ? How far off a paved road? I have street tires on my bike it doesn't do well on loose earth or gravel.
It's only a few hundred yards off the pavement, it may only be a hundred yards. Haven't been there in while but shouldn't be a problem for any vehicle unless you're driving a Ferrari. :P

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Fri. Jun. 21, 2013 2:23 pm

Richard S. wrote:The Fireplace Gallery and Reading Coal will offer a substantial discount off of The Fireplace Gallery's normal retail price. This offer is only good on Saturday the 29th and is for pickup only at the Fireplace Gallery, there is no rain checks in the event he runs out. I believe Dan said he was charging $200 for the Nut and Pea and $210 for oiled Rice in bulk, keep in mind he's not a breaker. He does have concrete pads for storing the coal, a loader and a certified scale.
  • $175/ton Pea & Nut in bulk.
  • $185/ton Rice in bulk. Note the rice is oiled to help with the dust.
  • $245/ton bagged coal any size.
There is no buckwheat available.

The Fireplace Gallery is about 5 minutes from the cabin so it will be very convenient stop. If you're coming from far away definitely worth it to fill up your pickup or trailer if you have one. Of course if you want to make other arrangements elsewhere feel free.

I'll also note that Dan from the Fireplace Gallery will be attending later in the afternoon and a representative from Reading may be there as well.
As was stated earlier, any other coal option, depending on your route to this event, could add nearly 2 hours drive to the trip. And then who's open on Sat. :roll:

I doubt there would be any coal less than their best being passed off to the the discerning members of our group. 8-)

I'm going to grab up all the Pea coal I can carry and drag it back to Ohio. :lol:

wilder11354
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260 Boiler
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: nut or pea, anthracite
Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed

Post by wilder11354 » Sat. Jun. 22, 2013 5:41 am

How does the coal purchases work? Need a NEPAcoal foroum voucher? or can I drive down and get a load?

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Jun. 22, 2013 6:06 am

wilder11354 wrote:How does the coal purchases work? Need a NEPAcoal foroum voucher? or can I drive down and get a load?
I don't know if he's advertising it or not but I believe it's open to anyone, you might want to mention your from the forum so he has an idea of how much he sold to forum members. I'm kind of interested myself.

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Sun. Jun. 23, 2013 12:59 am

For those of you who are eating please be sure to fill out the poll even if you have already indicated to me you plan to attend:

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Wed. Jun. 26, 2013 10:41 am

Maybe someone could designate themselves as "photographer" and post pics so that us people that can't participate could see the happenings :D .. They could even be uploaded via smartphone during the event, so it could be kind of an internet interactive thing lol.. Maybe that seems tacky :oops: I dunno.. Might be cool though.. 8-)

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Wed. Jun. 26, 2013 4:45 pm

AFAIK there is no internet or cell access there.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Wed. Jun. 26, 2013 5:08 pm

:wtf: --- NO WAY!!!! :clap: toothy NICE :) Hoping you guys have a good turn out & some nice weather for this shin-dig. I'll be playing catch up at the saw mill-- been fighting walkin pneumonia since last Fri--finally got to the clinic on Mon.-- Anti-biotics & a puffer-- I damn sure don't bounce back as quick as I used to :( Golden Years my ass!

VigIIPeaBurner
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker(down)
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Casting Vigilant II 2310
Other Heating: #2 Oil Furnace

Post by VigIIPeaBurner » Wed. Jun. 26, 2013 5:22 pm

freetown fred wrote::wtf: --- NO WAY!!!! :clap: toothy NICE :) Hoping you guys have a good turn out & some nice weather for this shin-dig. I'll be playing catch up at the saw mill-- been fighting walkin pneumonia since last Fri--finally got to the clinic on Mon.-- Anti-biotics & a puffer-- I damn sure don't bounce back as quick as I used to :( Golden Years my ass!
As a friend of mine, God rest his soul, used to say:
  • "The only thing golden about them years is your urine!"
Here's to Big Steve :cheers:

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Wed. Jun. 26, 2013 5:46 pm

freetown fred wrote::wtf: --- NO WAY!!!! :clap: toothy NICE :)
The cabin kind of sits in valley, cell phone service is spotty in areas like that around here. I'm on the side of the hill myself and can't get service. I can go up the road about 200 yards and get service.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Fri. Jun. 28, 2013 10:28 am

Crap Richard, if all these spammers that been jumpin in here show up---you're gonna have a REAL full house ;)

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Fri. Jun. 28, 2013 12:18 pm

Can you post the coordinates? Is there room for me to land my Lear jet?

I wish I could come!

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Fri. Jun. 28, 2013 4:16 pm

Beef, it's what's for dinner. I also got chicken thighs, hamburgers, hot dogs, homemade coleslaw, homemade potato salad, homemade sweet and sour pickles, pasta salad, pepperoni, cheese, chips, watermelon and a giant box of ice cream sandwiches/cones.

Unfortunately the smoke pork got canned (pun intended), I'm going to try and get a few rings of kielbasi.

Attachments

DSC01775.JPG
.JPG | 94.9KB | DSC01775.JPG

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Fri. Jun. 28, 2013 4:41 pm

ooops, almost forgot the freh rolls and fresh corn. :) I did get some regualr hot dog buns for the kids since I know how well they love good bread.

Return to “Forum News, Forum Questions & Forum Feedback”