Meet and Greet 2013, June 29

Forum rules
ATTN New Forum Members: The forum is divided into different sections/categories. The section you are viewing now titled "Forum News, Forum Questions & Forum Feedback" is for questions about using this forum, e.g. "How do I post a picture?". It's also used for announcements about the forum and things of that nature.

Please post your questions to the appropriate section. A full list of the sections/categories can be found here or by clicking the link labeled "Board Index" on any page.

Thanks

steamup
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson AA-130, Keystoker K-6
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: HS Tarm 502 Wood/Coal/Oil
Coal Size/Type: pea, buck, rice

Post by steamup » Mon. May. 06, 2013 8:03 am

The dry season is later than usual. After a wet spring, the leaves on the ground are just ripe for fire. Responded to 4 fire calls this weekend as the result of Idiots burning trash on a windy day.

I imagine in 2 months things may green up but then again they may not. Of course I am sure there is the Liability end for the no fireworks rules. A lot of liars and lawers looking for a quick buck.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Mon. May. 06, 2013 9:00 am

coalkirk wrote:Jeez! No guns! No fireworks! What's next? No smoking crack or killing hookers? :P :lol:
They are concerned about the liability, I was told at first as long as the weather cooperated and it wasn't really dry but that was by the guy who set it up. He ran it by the other members and they said no, I can't blame them. I think they are more concerned about someone getting hurt than the fire danger, I've set off a considerable amount of fireworks there. The one show was $2K but that was at the wedding of the guy who set it up.

They never mentioned the guns to me. That's my rule, not the place or the time especially if there is going to be any kids around.

steamup
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson AA-130, Keystoker K-6
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: HS Tarm 502 Wood/Coal/Oil
Coal Size/Type: pea, buck, rice

Post by steamup » Mon. May. 06, 2013 12:25 pm

Richard S. wrote:They never mentioned the guns to me. That's my rule, not the place or the time especially if there is going to be any kids around.
Good rule, Guns or Alcohol, never both at the same time.

coalkirk
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1981 EFM DF520 retired
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507 on standby
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite/rice coal

Post by coalkirk » Mon. May. 06, 2013 4:18 pm

Richard S. wrote:
coalkirk wrote:Jeez! No guns! No fireworks! What's next? No smoking crack or killing hookers? :P :lol:
They are concerned about the liability, I was told at first as long as the weather cooperated and it wasn't really dry but that was by the guy who set it up. He ran it by the other members and they said no, I can't blame them. I think they are more concerned about someone getting hurt than the fire danger, I've set off a considerable amount of fireworks there. The one show was $2K but that was at the wedding of the guy who set it up.

They never mentioned the guns to me. That's my rule, not the place or the time especially if there is going to be any kids around.
I don't blame them and I'm not surprised. The way things are today, everyone wants to sue somebody cause "it has to be somebodys fault."

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Sat. May. 11, 2013 1:14 pm

Ladies and Gentleman (I use that term loosely) I'm proud to announce that 20lb. Head will be regaling us with music for the night. What's a 20lb. head you may ask?

Glad you asked, 40lb. Head is local band with 4 members that has played all over the East Coast in their younger years and still plays locally. The human head weighs about 10 lbs., get it? If you have ever had the chance to see 40lb. Head you know it's always a good time no matter how old you are.

20lb. Head is the duo of Steven and Jason Egenski, they'll be playing a lot of classics and not so classics. Everything from the Beatles to newer stuff. If you're interested and you have a guitar or other instrument bring it along, you'll be more than welcome to join them or use the equipment yourself.

Attachments

.MP3 | 7.4MB | shoulders_of_fate.mp3
.MP3 | 10.2MB | no_friends.mp3
.MP3 | 15.5MB | the_empire_acoustic.mp3
.MP3 | 7.1MB | 1_9_6.mp3
.MP3 | 8.5MB | the_angry_song.mp3

vulcan
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: keystoker koker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby rear vent

Post by vulcan » Mon. May. 13, 2013 6:56 pm

Richard,
Not sure how you found that cabin in noxen but it is certainly in the middle of nowhere. I live about 10 mins from there myself but for those not familiar the fire company yearly fundraiser is a rattlesnake roundup where they catch the snakes and display over the weekend before letting them loose where they caught them at I am not sure of the date this year but its usually about the middle of june. My advice to anyone going is to take everything with you that you will need because its a long drive to any type of grocery store or beer store except for a little bar in town which I think only sells gennesee and it looks pretty scary too. I used to ride my street and trail bike on sorber mountain all the time but since I have upgraded to a cruiser I no longer travel the gravel roads up there. It is a beautiful area and certainly out in the country a great place for a get together like this.

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Tue. May. 14, 2013 1:01 am

vulcan wrote:Richard,
Not sure how you found that cabin in noxen but it is certainly in the middle of nowhere.
They have a clam bake every winter and summer. A friend of mines Father used to belong, and the first one I went too was the winter of 93. I know it was 93 becsue there was 4 foot of snow on the ground. That was shortly after the blizzard of 93. The yearly ritual in the winter was to stand by the fire and throw snow balls at the teenagers helping out that were walking between the cabin and the pavilion..... they enjoyed it too.

One of those teenagers has a sister my Brother married, he's now a full member. ;) He'll be there. This is will be the first private party they are having outside of the membership AFAIK, we're the test case.
My advice to anyone going is to take everything with you that you will need because its a long drive to any type of grocery store..

Guess that depends on your perspective, it's about 15 minutes to stores in the Back Mountain... Certainly bring what you need though. If you're paying for food then you'll only need what you're going to drink. If you're staying the night the kitchen will be open in the morning to make food. I might just have make breakfast depending on if there is money left. I can always take up a collection too.

wilder11354
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260 Boiler
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: nut or pea, anthracite
Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed

Post by wilder11354 » Mon. May. 27, 2013 10:27 pm

Breakfast.... if its scrapple, eggs, buckwheat panckes, and someone brings honey for scrapple and pancakes I will drive back sunday morning to eat, of course I will toss into the hat.

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Tue. May. 28, 2013 11:21 pm

wilder11354 wrote:Breakfast.... if its scrapple, eggs, buckwheat panckes, and someone brings honey for scrapple and pancakes I will drive back sunday morning to eat, of course I will toss into the hat.
I may have an empty seat if you are interested. Breakfast sounds good. :D

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Jun. 08, 2013 11:34 am

I have not heard back from Hudson however I just got off the phone with Dan from The Fireplace Gallery which you'll have to drive by anyway. It's only about 5 minutes from the cabin. He has a scale there and bulk is available. He's going to offer a fairly good discount to the forum members so it should be just a little more than what it costs at the breaker. I'll have specific prices and more details Monday.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jun. 08, 2013 12:56 pm

I really wish I could attend, but the distance and little ones at home make it a no-go. :o

I hope people that live nearby take advantage of this.

Larry T.
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hand Fed Coal Stove Chubby
Coal Size/Type: Nut coal

Post by Larry T. » Tue. Jun. 11, 2013 7:11 pm

Meet & Greet,
I am hoping to meet many of the people who post here on NEPA at the MEET & GREET on June 29th in PA. I want to say I was at “ Meet & Greet #1” (see you there!) We will have a great day if we are 10 strong or 100!

I hope to be meeting some of the best stove and furnace manufacturers / representatives in this business. I’ve heard we may even get to meet some of the people who are providing the finest anthracite coal available anywhere, the people who are fueling the fires for all of our products.

To help the cause, Chubby Stove will make a small donation on behalf of the members on NEPA, and all of the Chubby Stove members present, past and future. These days I may well be the smallest stove manufacturing company in the business. One thing is for sure though. For over 30 years I’ve had the very best and most loyal customers anywhere~ You guys rock! See you there!

Larry & Diana Trainer
The Coal Stove Chubby

coalkirk
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1981 EFM DF520 retired
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507 on standby
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite/rice coal

Post by coalkirk » Tue. Jun. 11, 2013 8:08 pm

Very generous of you to donate to the cause. But you are a few years too late to say you were at the first meet and great. I missed the first one but was at the second one held at the mayors uncles property on the Susquehanna. Ive made it to two others but I'm going to miss this one.

Larry T.
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hand Fed Coal Stove Chubby
Coal Size/Type: Nut coal

Post by Larry T. » Tue. Jun. 11, 2013 8:23 pm

Thank you, I stand corrected! I did not know about the others - So it sounds like I can say Meet & Greet 3 ! Appreciate the heads up..

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Tue. Jun. 11, 2013 9:15 pm

ltra wrote:Thank you, I stand corrected! I did not know about the others - So it sounds like I can say Meet & Greet 3 ! Appreciate the heads up..
Lots of people stay warm with your stoves...you will be a great addition to the event.

Return to “Forum News, Forum Questions & Forum Feedback”