Meet and Greet 2013, June 29

Forum rules
ATTN New Forum Members: The forum is divided into different sections/categories. The section you are viewing now titled "Forum News, Forum Questions & Forum Feedback" is for questions about using this forum, e.g. "How do I post a picture?". It's also used for announcements about the forum and things of that nature.

Please post your questions to the appropriate section. A full list of the sections/categories can be found here or by clicking the link labeled "Board Index" on any page.

Thanks

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Mon. Apr. 22, 2013 11:48 pm

The Fireplace Gallery with the help of Reading Coal will offer a substantial discount off of The Fireplace Gallery's normal retail price. This offer is only good on Saturday the 29th and is for pickup only at the Fireplace Gallery, there is no rain checks in the event he runs out. I believe Dan said he was charging $200 for the Nut and Pea and $210 for oiled Rice in bulk, keep in mind he's not a breaker. He does have concrete pads for storing the coal, a loader and a certified scale. The Fireplace Gallery is 5 minutes from the location of the cabin.
  • $175/ton Pea & Nut in bulk.
  • $185/ton Rice in bulk. Note the rice is oiled to help with the dust.
  • $245/ton bagged coal any size.
The Meet and Greet will be held on June the 29 at a private hunting cabin near Noxen, PA. It's about a 30 minute drive from either I-81 off the Wilkes-Barre exit or the Tunkhannock area. Map Link

Rental cost for the property is $300 however that includes both a large pavilion with a large kitchen area. It also includes the cabin which has 24 bunks which I really wasn't expecting, the cabin has a bar, living room, small kitchen etc. As far as the bunks go I haven't decided on how I'm going to allocate them other than give the moderators first crack at them. Also If you want to set up a tent you can. There is a limited amount of room for a few pop-up trailers, P{M me if you want to bring one ASAP. It's a nice place, a little rustic but a nice place. I'll be taking no profit from this, however I will need to defray the costs with the following options.
  • Option 1:Stopping in a for a few hours, $0 but a few bucks would be appreciated.
  • Option 2:Whole day/night and bring your own food. $10 one adult, $5 each additional adult and kids are free. You will be able to use the cooking facilities. $5 charge per bathroom visit and that includes use of the trees. :P
  • Option 3:Whole day/night and I'll provide food from about 1 until at least 6 or 7 so you can count on two meals. After that your on your own but the cooking facilities will still be available. I'll be getting burgers, hot dogs, chicken and I'll probably have my brother smoke a few pork butts. $20 one adult, $10 each additional adult and you'll have to figure out yourself the cost for any kids. If it's toddler then $0, if it's 16 year old 175 pound linebacker then it's $30.... :lol: I'm kidding. I will need to know a week in advance of the 22nd if you're going to take this option and what you prefer as far as the meat goes. I'm not going to be parceling out meals but I'll need an idea of what to get of each.
Other than water It's BYOB, there are refrigerators but I'm not positive yet about how much space is available so be sure to bring a cooler for you own drinks and food. Any glass, bottles, cans or other recyclables have to go home with you. Try and leave as little garbage as possible.

If you're staying the night there is plenty of room to set up a tent of any size, small pop ups trailers are permissible as well. The bunks are 4 to a room and I'm not yet sure how I'm going to allocate them other than let the moderators have first chance. In addition to the bunks there is large living room with couches where you could set up a cot if you have one.

If you want to stay at a motel room the closest ones will be near either I-81 or Tunkhannock depending on which direction you are coming from. There is a small hotel right near the cabin but the last I read in the newspaper it was being renovated. If it's open it's probably not going to be cheap. I'll try and get more information on that as soon as I can.

All monies will be collected at the event.

Map Link

The cabin:
DSC00397.JPG
.JPG | 229.6KB | DSC00397.JPG
The pavilion:
DSC00399.JPG
.JPG | 276.5KB | DSC00399.JPG

Cap
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF 250, domestic hot water loop, heat accumulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut and Stove
Other Heating: Heat Pumps

Post by Cap » Tue. Apr. 23, 2013 8:54 pm

Will this thread be the official sign up sheet? if not, feel free to delete my message.

I'm in with option 3. I like chicken legs & hotdogs. I'll ride the motorcycle and will bring my tent and sleep under the stars wet or dry. Can paypal as gift anytime prior to 6/22. Just let me/us know if this will work for you. Just in case I get called away for work last minute I won't be sticking you. :oops:

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Tue. Apr. 23, 2013 10:38 pm

Cap wrote:Will this thread be the official sign up sheet? if not, feel free to delete my message.
Not really but that's fine, anyone else can send me a PM.
Can paypal as gift anytime prior to 6/22.
Any money will be collected at the door but if you're taking option 3 you better be there unless there is extraordinary circumstances. ;) I'll need to know by about June 18th if you're eating, if you tell me you're coming now and need to change that decision that's fine as long as I know before the 18th.

I'm with you, I'll be sleeping in my tent as long as the stars are out and it's not raining, getting too old for that rain crap. One good thing about this place is there is plenty of space indoors if it rains.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Tue. Apr. 23, 2013 11:58 pm

Going to be a bit of a ride. :gee:
308 mi, 5 hours 11 mins

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Wed. Apr. 24, 2013 12:10 am

Damn ... sounds like my kind of get-together. Tents, BYOB, & fireworks! :cheers:

I'll have to buy some scratch tickets every week until June and hope for the best .... :lol:

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Wed. Apr. 24, 2013 12:25 am

McGiever wrote:Going to be a bit of a ride. :gee:
308 mi, 5 hours 11 mins
I know for a lot of people it's long distance. That's one of the reasons I wanted to hold it here, you can stay and not worry about driving home that day or the expense of motel/hotel. This is a nice setup, it's not the Taj Mahal but it's not a shed either. I'll have to see if I can get some pictures.

If you're coming a really long distance I'd suggest starting a car pool topic.

Cap
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF 250, domestic hot water loop, heat accumulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut and Stove
Other Heating: Heat Pumps

Post by Cap » Wed. Apr. 24, 2013 8:14 am

Richard S. wrote:
Any money will be collected at the door but if you're taking option 3 you better be there unless there is extraordinary circumstances. ;) I'll need to know by about June 18th if you're eating, if you tell me you're coming now and need to change that decision that's fine as long as I know before the 18th.
I'm an all call commercial refrigeration tech. I can't always predict urgent calls. I'd prefer to get you paid ahead of time unless you don't care.

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Wed. Apr. 24, 2013 8:55 am

That's ok Richard we don't like Taj Mahal's I can't relax and have a good time At them ;).I'm with Cap on this one I would rather pay first but I don't want to make more work for you either,just let us know what time we can arrive there because I want to bring back two tons of Direnzo nut the savings will almost cover the fuel to drive 700 miles round trip :) .Keepaeyeonit

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Wed. Apr. 24, 2013 9:23 am

Keepaeyeonit wrote:
I want to bring back two tons of Direnzo nut the savings will almost cover the fuel to drive 700 miles round trip :) .Keepaeyeonit
Car Pooling in a 18 wheeler...hmmm :gee:

Keepaeyeonit

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Wed. Apr. 24, 2013 10:23 am

McGiever wrote:
Keepaeyeonit wrote:
I want to bring back two tons of Direnzo nut the savings will almost cover the fuel to drive 700 miles round trip :) .Keepaeyeonit
Car Pooling in a 18 wheeler...hmmm :gee:
If I still had one it would be a option :lol:

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Wed. Apr. 24, 2013 10:26 am

Keepaeyeonit wrote:That's ok Richard we don't like Taj Mahal's I can't relax and have a good time At them ;).I'm with Cap on this one I would rather pay first but I don't want to make more work for you either,just let us know what time we can arrive there because I want to bring back two tons of Direnzo nut the savings will almost cover the fuel to drive 700 miles round trip :) .Keepaeyeonit
That reminds me, I just sent an email to Hudson to see if they were open on a Saturday. They have always had a fine product and it's the closest to where we will be at. It's only a few minutes off of I-81.

Unless you're coming south up I-81 or west on 80 any of the breakers in the southern anthracite region are a considerable distance out of the way. It's going to add at least 2 hours to your trip.

I'll see what Hudson says.

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Wed. Apr. 24, 2013 10:31 am

Cap wrote: I'd prefer to get you paid ahead of time unless you don't care.
I'd rather just collect at the door instead of going through the hassle of keeping track of money too but if you want you can use the donate button.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xcli ... _id=402858

Keepaeyeonit

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Wed. Apr. 24, 2013 11:08 am

Hell as long as its good I'll take it,but I'm leaving early Saturday morning and depending where I get it from and what time we can get there is the determining factor in what time I leave.Keepaeyeonit

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Wed. Apr. 24, 2013 11:46 am

Sleep on the coal. LOL.... Before I get ahead of myself let me see what Hudson says.

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Wed. Apr. 24, 2013 1:04 pm

McGiever wrote:Going to be a bit of a ride. :gee:
308 mi, 5 hours 11 mins
..I'm refueling there and have 391 more...I win :D :o :shock:

Return to “Forum News, Forum Questions & Forum Feedback”