Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Mon. Jun. 04, 2012 4:11 pm

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Mon. Jun. 04, 2012 5:11 pm

I like the part where bottled water can't pass the test either. About time we got rid of water too. People drown in it and it causes rust.

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Mon. Jun. 04, 2012 6:58 pm

Interesting reading.

"The lobby helped to block new nuclear plants for more than 30 years"
A lot of people in Japan wish they had a lobby like that now.

"invited guests will speak about the dangers of the EPA’s actions to Kentucky jobs."
Maybe it's about more than Kentucky jobs? Cutting down all the redwood trees in California, and flooding the Grand Canyon for a hydro dam, and killing all the caribou in Alaska, might also create jobs.

"they sue the EPA to force new standards which are often unattainable"
Clean-burning cars and lead-free gas were also "unattainable", but there they are.

"In Kentucky, hundreds of individual coal mining permits are typically approved each year."
Chicago didn't clean up Al Capone because Al and his pals owned Chicago. Kentucy won't clean up coal mines because the mine owners own Kentucky.

rberq

Post by rberq » Mon. Jun. 04, 2012 7:25 pm

franco b wrote:I like the part where bottled water can't pass the test either. About time we got rid of water too. People drown in it and it causes rust.
Crapola. Read up on drinking water and you find that average conductivity due to dissolved minerals is way lower than stated in this article. Some of the bottled water cited by the mine apologists is MINERAL water, specifically chosen for its unusually high content. But they don't tell you that. You have to look at the brand names and then investigate them one by one.

Not that bottled water is necessarily pure. Lots of arsenic and bacteria, among other things, although the (ugh!) government has pushed a degree of cleanup in the last few decades (with a rest period during Bush's tenure).

I'm not a chemist, but technically I don't think water "causes" rust, it just facilitates it. But I concede you the point about it drowning people. :P

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Mon. Jun. 04, 2012 7:44 pm

CNB, funny that you should mention Bush & fault to me of all people.
http://earthjustice.org/news/press/2001/bush-admi ... ng-program
http://www.sustainablebusiness.com/index.cfm/go/n ... y/id/17335
http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0423/p11s03-coop.html
Don't forget it takes clean water to brew good booze.. :roll:

Dann757

Post by Dann757 » Mon. Jun. 04, 2012 7:58 pm

I try and try to stay out of this back and forth. Sam you are still quoting decade old articles? Rberg has a lot of time to defend the liberal cause too I see. Have you changed anybody's minds yet? I think you guys live out in the boonies where time and life are about thirty years in the past. That's wonderful! If for some reason you want more fodder for your commie causes, why don't you google SCYTL.
You defend the destruction of our great nation by O's gestapo EPA, but fail to mention all the developing nations have no concern for the impact their rampant industrial development has on the environment.
None of us were arguing this intensly before the marxist messiah and his evil cohorts came into power, off the votes of the millions of ignorant useful idiots. You all worship the guy and his policies; I'm glad you're not terrified of them like sensible people are. 8-)

Maybe we'll all be bunched together in the FEMA death camps, you libs will still argue your points and wholeheartedly defend tyranny. :) Try living in New Jersey, I doubt you would even be able to merge into traffic. Carry on and have a nice country day.

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Mon. Jun. 04, 2012 9:30 pm

Dann757 wrote:Maybe we'll all be bunched together in the FEMA death camps, you libs will still argue your points and wholeheartedly defend tyranny.
That's just how Solzhenitsyn described the die hard communists that were in the Gulag with him. Communism was still great, there was just a small mistake made with them.

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Tue. Jun. 05, 2012 3:50 am

rberq

Post by rberq » Tue. Jun. 05, 2012 7:19 pm

Dann757 wrote:I think you guys live out in the boonies where time and life are about thirty years in the past.
"Maine. The way life should be."
I WISH it were all thirty years in the past. Or fifty. Need to move down east or north of Bangor where it still is.
Dann757 wrote:Try living in New Jersey, I doubt you would even be able to merge into traffic.
:lol: Very true. Here we actually stop and LET people merge in.

samhill

Post by samhill » Tue. Jun. 05, 2012 7:34 pm

Traffic! what's that? I do remember what it was like South of Pittsburgh but I moved away. By the way Dan, it may seem like decades to you but it hasn't been all that long, it's good to know that your still around & as pleasant & knowledgeable as always.

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Tue. Jun. 05, 2012 11:04 pm

I WISH it were all thirty years in the past. Or fifty. Need to move down east or north of Bangor where it still is.
Hate to tell ya bud but to many of you guys have moved downeast and north of Bangor. It is filled with liberal city nuts that THINK they know how life should be and have enough money from their parents hard work or selling the property in NJ,Conn, NY, etc. to do nothing but effect change in the way life HAS been for a long time. This country idiot is moving south as I have said. Hey, I've got 2 houses I'll sell ya for your dream getaway to the place where life is great. You can join the local salmon restoration group or try to shut down the alewive fishery that is great here, sort of the same thing there, Better yet, work hard to "Restore" the wolf to the state, we need more wolves, the coyotes(grey wolves) havnt been able to totally eradicate the deer yet. We know how you away people hate deer, you hate the excuse to have guns to hunt them also. Lets see,,,, oh yeah, the wading birds, lets steal the shorefront property from those that have held it for generations because someone arbitrarily got a degree and decreed that they were endangered and we needed to protect the "habitat". And lets not forget those pesky vernal pools that pop up everytime it rains real hard. Gotta take control of that land also. Wouldn't want to piss off a frog or salamander! Thats just a handful of the things that make this NOT the place where life is the way it used to be or should be. Oh, one more, lets not forget this years elver harvest(glass eels). Yup, up to $2600/lb. this year brought out the best in man. The Natives(indians) wrote themselves 200+ permits and ran amuck on my private property and tore up my sea wall that cost $12000 to install. They cut the nets of the white man and threw trash and butts and walked all over my yard and carried guns and were around at all hours of the night. Guess they didnt see that commercial back in the 70's with the indian looking at all the trash with a tear in his eye. I have many more such stories from the REAL Maine, just ask. Hint, it don't exist anymore!!!

Kevin

samhill

Post by samhill » Wed. Jun. 06, 2012 8:09 am

UGH, Round Eye has always been truthful & fair. On a supporting note I get the Great White Hunters that shoot anything that moves during deer season & all the trash throwers from the camp-lands in the summer but we still survive, don't know where you can go & not find that crap. Aren't you allowed to keep trespassers off your property, I've never had much trouble with it here just carry as well. Maybe once we get rid of all wild life & restraints we can all just stand around a burning river to keep warm. ;)

backwoodbill

Post by backwoodbill » Wed. Jun. 06, 2012 2:47 pm

Hello!
I,am a transplant from ma. about 20 yrs. ago I love the fact that Maine is around 20 yrs. behind where people still talk to each other rather than like in ma they would reply to a hello!, what the hell do you wan,t also that people in Maine still drive with courtesy and restraint and are willing to help a neighbor I moved here to change my life not the residents lives I love this state and plan to die here wouldnt have it any other way as for the clown his way of thinking will ruin this great state for all of us that love living here! sincerely Bill

rberq

Post by rberq » Wed. Jun. 06, 2012 8:20 pm

KLook wrote:
We know how you away people hate deer
Hey, don't you be calling me "from away". :o Been here all my life, as has my wife. Her father grew up on a farm outside Baileyville, had to walk six miles out of the woods to the hospital (such as it was) when he had appendicitis. But I confess to not liking deer, since they bring me deer ticks, eat my gardens, and try to kamikaze my car when I drive at night. Coyotes can have 'em all as far as I'm concerned. Don't much like the way they taste either, but as my Dad was fond of saying, "If you were hungry enough you'd eat it without complaining." :sick:

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Wed. Jun. 06, 2012 10:43 pm

Baileyville huh? Hell, I used to play for the baseball team up there in the 70's. Probably know him. Or at least some relatives. The Maine he knew is not there. Sorry, but it is just not. To someone from away, it seems wild and untamed, yes the people still have some courtesy. Not the ones tearing up my waterfront however.
Sam, if you confront violent people making up to $50,000 or more in a night, you are in for a fight. I am armed as well. Let me lay out the scenarios. 1) I ask them to leave and they do. 2) They burn my house down. 3) We get in a fight and I lose. Police come. 4) We get in a fight and I win. Police come. 5) I get shot and killed/disabled. Police come 6) I shoot one or more of them. Police come. 7) Police won't come without my doing one of these because they are gutless and don't want to bother with it.(this is because the courts are overwhelmed and it really isnt worth the time to them even though there are several laws being violated with out my complaint. 8) Going back to 2, I have 3 houses in the area and they live in huts, cars, gov. housing, whatever. It is the matter of who has the most to lose. 9) The majority of people participating in this activity come from the lowest common denominator of society, only 2 in a 100 are able to deduce what a denominator is. 10) I have to go to work, I can't take 2 months and stand on my property 24/7. They don't really work unless getting to the methadone clinic and the unemployment office count. And we pay them mileage to go get methadone and drive totally screwed up.
Is that enough? Only #1 is acceptable and it is also the most laughable. Ask the people down on the border with Mexico how it feels to be overrun and have no one at your back.

Kevin

Sorry rberq, I didnt know you were a native, I knew you lived here now.

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”