Obama's EPA Has Crushed Coal Plants

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Fri. Sep. 28, 2012 7:37 pm

Hey, at least you got a Senator that doesn't send out one carefully worded letter that could go either way, yours at least tells you like it is. :o

I'm On Fire
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator

Post by I'm On Fire » Fri. Sep. 28, 2012 7:57 pm

The other two reps haven't responded except with the "form letters".

Still, Senator Mendez's response seems a but ignorant.

Dann757

Post by Dann757 » Fri. Sep. 28, 2012 8:10 pm

I know somebody that knows Menendez is a corrupt crook. I wrote him about Agenda 21 and eventually got back a slick letter, but don't be fooled, it's a form letter too with fancy software. Complete lies in disagreement with the facts the NRA puts out in hopes of protecting our Constitution. From the UN barbarians at the gate. And the huge illegal population Menendez supports is how he got elected.

I'm On Fire
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator

Post by I'm On Fire » Sat. Sep. 29, 2012 2:18 am

Dann757 wrote:I know somebody that knows Menendez is a corrupt crook. I wrote him about Agenda 21 and eventually got back a slick letter, but don't be fooled, it's a form letter too with fancy software. Complete lies in disagreement with the facts the NRA puts out in hopes of protecting our Constitution. From the UN barbarians at the gate. And the huge illegal population Menendez supports is how he got elected.
Aren't all politicians corrupt *censored*?

First thing I said when I read the response was, "What an idiot."

samhill

Post by samhill » Sat. Sep. 29, 2012 11:19 am

I know someone that knows somebody that thinks that Menendez is a great guy & a peachy keen dancer as well but then again it could be another Menendez, I'll have to ask another perso I know that knows someone that knows somebody else if thats the one. See what I'm getting at? 8-)

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Sep. 29, 2012 12:19 pm

If anybody's interested--GOOGLE HR3409

samhill

Post by samhill » Sat. Sep. 29, 2012 12:35 pm

3409 basically takes us back to 1970 as far as clean air, water & everything else goes & allows industry to do whatever they want so if that's the way the majority wants it so be it, just don't complain when you get what you voted for & you all of a sudden don't like it.

Dann757

Post by Dann757 » Sat. Sep. 29, 2012 1:49 pm

"Coal Miner Employment and Domestic Energy Infrastructure Protection Act - Prohibits the Secretary of the Interior, before December 31, 2013, from issuing or approving any proposed or final regulation under the Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act of 1977 that would: (1) adversely impact employment in coal mines in the United States; (2) cause a reduction in revenue received by the federal government or any state, tribal, or local government, by reducing through regulation the amount of coal in the United States that is available for mining; (3) reduce the amount of coal available for domestic consumption or for export; (4) designate any area as unsuitable for surface coal mining and reclamation operations; or (5) expose the United States to liability for taking the value of privately owned coal through regulation."

Yeah nice opinion Sam. You know, there's a rumor going around here that you are a paid democrat shill. Maybe opposing everything that is good for the USA is just your hobby, can't say for sure. But it is the politics section, so spew on.

samhill

Post by samhill » Sat. Sep. 29, 2012 2:12 pm

I know you don't own the land your living on but think about it that lets them take whatever they want. Read the rest of it as well, no more restrictions on air or water & not from now but rolling it all back to the 70s & a lot of that was even put in by republicans. Hope your asthma medicines are working & I know clean air & water have nothing to do with anything.
http://www.lung.org/press-room/press-releases/ame ... on-16.html
http://www.smallbusinessmajority.org/_docs/letter ... 091912.pdf Gee Dann, you consider yourself a small business don't you?

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Sep. 29, 2012 3:12 pm

Sam I see the lung.org link mention repeal of the new mercury standards which if left in place will reduce mercury emissions in the US 1% to 10% and increase the average IQ a whopping 2/1000 of one point.

They also mention eliminating the EPA's regulatory power over CO2. Firstly the Democrat energy bill did the same thing and to quote former Speaker Pelosi:
Asked if she wants the Obama administration to address climate change through regulations if Congress fails to pass a bill this year, Pelosi responded, "It has to be done by statute."

I'd have to agree with Pelosi, this shouldn't be done by the EPA but go through Congress. It's far too important. Keep in mind the proposal set forth by the EPA will prevent an new coal plants from being built without some major leaps ahead in technology and $$$.

As far s you second link the very first person listed under their board of directors runs a green energy company.

Small Business Majority is a national nonpartisan small business advocacy organization founded and run by 
small business owners and focused on solving the biggest problems facing small businesses today.  We speak 
for the nearly 28 million Americans who are self‐employed or own businesses of up to 100 employees.
Really? That's odd I never heard of them and I've been small business owner for 20 years now. I have doubts any significant amount of business owners have.

What else you got?

samhill

Post by samhill » Sat. Sep. 29, 2012 4:36 pm

It doesn't really matter what the environmental changes are, some will choose to simply ignore then anyway. I think there is a lot more to this than saving some jobs, odd how millions of jobs would have been lost in the auto industry but that was OK but thousands of jobs for the coal industry have to be stopped. How many of those jobs will leave when strip mines are allowed to run wild again instead of underground? Where do you think all this coal is going to go & what happens when it's been exported & we don't have anything to show for it but more billionaires with off shore tax havens & once again scarred unusable land & useless water? Maybe that's the only way to stay safe, reduce the U.S. to a place that isn't fit to live in.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Sun. Sep. 30, 2012 7:19 am

samhill wrote: odd how millions of jobs would have been lost in the auto industry
Different topic isn't it? The fundamental issue with the bailouts is in capitalistic society there needs to be consequences for failure.
Where do you think all this coal is going to go & what happens when it's been exported
As much as I support the coal industry Sam this is one thing where I draw a line. I'd certainly support a large tariff on any exports of any natural resources especially going into the next decades as these natural resources become scarce worldwide.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Sep. 30, 2012 7:41 am

As do I. Are our politicians smart enough to take advantage of the situation or do we as a Country just, as usual, bite the bullet as our needed (HERE) resources are stripped from beneath our very eyes?

urdahere

Post by urdahere » Mon. Oct. 08, 2012 8:31 am

EPA ruins miner lives. Something has got to change. Read on.

**Broken Link(s) Removed**

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”