This sounds more like wishful thinking than anything else.homecomfort wrote:If closing down the mostly oldest, dirtiest, inefficient coal fired electric generating plants , to protect the air and environment, and eventually improve capacity and reliability in the future, is a bad thing to some, think smarter. we will as a smart society certainly find better, cleaner ways to generate electricity. We have the technology, and need to get out of the stone age.
General energy and coal related topics, news and basic information. If you do not know where to post your topic post it here.
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Thu. Jan. 20, 2011 11:47 am
- Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker K6
- Location: Livingston county, NYS
- freetown fred
- Posts: 21408
- Joined: Thu. Dec. 31, 2009 12:33 pm
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
- Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut
- Location: Freetown,NY 13803
Just sounds like pure BS to me. You don't eliminate one source until you've got another tried & true alternative. Although all the floppin together of gums from the Green populace, should provide enough energy for eons--BUT, it doesn't. It's just lips floppin together.
"A people that values it's privileges above it's principals, soon loses both"--Dwight D Eisenhower
- Posts: 1066
- Joined: Sun. Oct. 30, 2011 5:44 pm
- Hand Fed Coal Boiler: AHS/WOC55-multi-fuel/wood,oil,coal
- Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/stove size
- Location: Pottstown,Pa
They are just trying to eliminate the competition to make it easier to move their green agenda.freetown fred wrote:You don't eliminate one source until you've got another tried & true alternative.