Thank You, Everyone Who Helped Us. Check Out Our Stove!

General energy and coal related topics, news and basic information. If you do not know where to post your topic post it here.
ErinMarie
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: DVC-500

Post Thu. Nov. 15, 2007 12:53 am

Hello -

I just wanted to post a thank you to the many members of this board who helped us make an informed decision about purchasing a coal stove. Just today we had a Harman DVC-500 Direct Vented Coal Stoker installed in our house. While I'm still a little nervous about having a box of fire in our living room, I know I will learn to love it.

Here's a picture (yes, I know there is a thread for pictures - but I wanted to post a thank you most of all):

gambler
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Post Thu. Nov. 15, 2007 7:23 am

Congrats on your stove purchase. I know you made a good choice in going with coal and not corn. You will love your stove!
Take Care and God Bless
Rick

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker, LL & CoalTrol
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K, Hyfire I, VF3000 Soon

Post Thu. Nov. 15, 2007 7:54 am

Looks great and you will enjoy it. I was giddy my first night and didn't sleep much thinking about it like you when we first put ours in too, but after all the warmth and good feeling....the rest is history! :)
- Dave
Hyfire I & Keystoker 90K heating an 1890 Victorian
- Amsoil Authorized T1 Certified Dealer

traderfjp
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing 3

Post Sat. Nov. 17, 2007 10:58 am

I looked at the Harman and like it a lot but I needed a stove with a lower profile for my setup. How do you like the built in thermostat on the stove? Does it do a good job of maintaining temp?
Disclaimer: I'm not an expert in any coal or plumbing related field. I only post my own experiences, research and common sense. If you choose to use any of the information in this post or any other post you do so at your own risk.

Autocar1941
Stove/Furnace Make: Royall
Stove/Furnace Model: Royall

Post Fri. Dec. 14, 2007 8:37 pm

Hi
Your stove looks really nice. I was noticing how close it is to the walls. Do the walls get hot or is the back and sides of the stove insulated ? Thanks Mark

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”