IPPC and Al Gores Nobel Prize Deserved or a Sham?

Sham or no Sham

Undeserved
83%
Deserved
7%
Who's Al Gore?
11%

Total votes: 46

Cap
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF 250, domestic hot water loop, heat accumulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut and Stove
Other Heating: Heat Pumps

Post by Cap » Tue. Oct. 30, 2007 8:30 am

coaledsweat wrote:Since the time the anthracite we burn was buried as vegetation, the earth has been warming and cooling. 18,000 years ago there was a mile of ice over the ground the anthracite was buried in. And there was another glacier there about 40,000 years before that. What happened to that one? Don't tell me, Fred Flintstone and his footmobile did those glaciers in? Want to bet against there being another in 20,000 years? Man has lived through a few ice ages, I doubt this one will be any different than the rest. It is a natural cycle and well documented, I find it difficult to believe the elite can't see it.
I agree, the earth has swung in different directions in regards to global temperature change& the mighty caveman endured. But we are dealing with 6.6 billion people as of Sept '07 and 9 billion by year 2010. I do not think the world's population was anywhere this great 40k years ago. It's quite a bit different now than it was then. The masses aren't going to be able to endure But nobody knows, just my .02cents

But for me, I'm running to Wmart and buying every Chinese made snow shovels on the shelves before they are all gone. :twisted:

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Tue. Oct. 30, 2007 8:32 pm

The name " Al Gore " sends me into an angry frenzy!!! :violent1:

Politicians with his beliefs have a greater chance of destroying our lives than global warming.

Can you picture our lives if these clowns were the only political party?

You would be jailed for 20 years for possession of an off-road vehicle, eating steak, hitting a deer (never mind hunting one!), showing anger towards another, wearing non-hemp clothing, making any noise whatsoever (might destroy the environment), eating baked beans without having a catalyst properly inserted into your rectum, .................................... :happyhippy:

If burning fossil fuels is causing global warming, then I'm going out to the garage to start my V8 truck, my straight-piped Harley, my atv, all my lawn equipment & leave it running -- then, I'll come back inside & fill my Harman to the top for an eternal fire -- then go back outside with a pile of styrofoam soaked in 80W-140 gear oil & have the blackest, smokiest fire this earth has ever seen!!

I'm sick of salt destroying everything I drive in the winter. If this place becomes like Florida, I'M ALL FOR IT!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

- F YOU, AL GORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Tue. Oct. 30, 2007 8:48 pm

Cap wrote:The masses aren't going to be able to endure
My guess is the earth will purge itself, I'm betting on the super bug. If you consider the epidemics of the past before the mass transit sytems you have now... A bug could be spread worldwide practically overnight at least in developed countries. Not a matter of if its going to happen but when IMO.

CoalHeat
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Post by CoalHeat » Tue. Oct. 30, 2007 9:02 pm

SMITTY wrote:
then go back outside with a pile of styrofoam soaked in 80W-140 gear oil & have the blackest, smokiest fire this earth has ever seen!!
Thanks, Smitty, you made me laugh!

All things considered, the idea that man can change the climate is so far fetched, so not feasible that I am amazed that people believe it. There is a saying that I cannot remember exactly but it's something like "Tell people something enough times and they will begin to believe it's true".

All this "global warming is caused by man" BS is agenda driven. I'm not the best at explaining this, facts and figures escape me at the moment, but if man were able to effectively change the environment, why hasn't man figured out a way to control hurricanes and tornados? Because it can't be done, that's why. Man cannot change the forces of nature. It's just that simple. In the 1970's it was global cooling. How quickly that changed. The warmest year since records have been kept was in the 1930's, not in the first decade of the 21st century, as was reported several weeks ago. Seems there was an error in the calculations.

Al Gore talks the talk, but he doesn't walk the walk. Can anyone even imagine if he had become President? Oh...I forgot, the Republicans stole the election with those hanging chads.

Sorry, got off topic...

The point is-the earth was here before us and will be here long after we are gone.

The environmentalist wackos prey on the uninformed public to forward their ideas that we are all going to perish if we don't change our greedy, evil, backward ways.

I guess I've said my piece, got to go check the coal bed...

SMITTY

Post by SMITTY » Tue. Oct. 30, 2007 9:07 pm

I'm betting on the super bug
That's another good point.

I have a better chance of dying from a super bug, cancer, getting hit by some impatient moron while doing my job (or riding) or a severe athsma attack.

Any warming of this region would be a blessing!

SMITTY

Post by SMITTY » Tue. Oct. 30, 2007 9:10 pm

Glad you enjoyed, Wood'nCoal!
:lol:

CoalHeat

Post by CoalHeat » Tue. Oct. 30, 2007 9:17 pm

AARRRRGHHHHH!!!!

ALGORE ALGORE ALGORE

I can't take it anymore!!!

Excuse me while I go and get another Amber Lager before he finds something wrong with that and tries to shut the Yuengling Brewery down for some absurd contribution to the hole in the ozone layer...

Also, did anyone know that while the polar ice caps are melting, which no doubt means certain death for all of us, the ice on the continent of Antarctica has actually increased in size??? I don't remember Al letting us in on that information.

When ALGORE was confronted by a menber of the news media about the large SUV he owned at the time his reply was "I don't own the SUV, my family owns it." Obviously, even his family doesn't listen to him...

Cap

Post by Cap » Tue. Oct. 30, 2007 9:56 pm

Everyone has a right to his/her opinion.

Man has found ways to pollute land, lakes, ponds, rivers. Beaches are littered with waste washing up on its banks. And then we find the culprits and end it.

Russia, China & other countries are far worse violators than North America. He has discovered ways to create smog, split atoms and he has created weapons which would easily change climates.

PA residents almost lost thousands of square miles of land due to a nuclear accident. The largest lake in Africa has shrunk to a pond 2' deep caused by drought.

If for one minute you ( anybody reading ) doesn't believe modern man hasn't partially upset the balance of nature.....lift your head off of the sofa. Yes, I know, the earth is billions of years old. Remember, Civilized man has only had 1000 years to wipe his butt with trees. Climates are changing faster than man is adapting. This is not about Gore or anyone else who wrote before me. I do not like the Gore anymore than the next guy.

We only see what we want to see. The EPA has forced many laws so our land, rivers & air quality are as clean as it was in 1900. Go to a crowed city in Mexico. Be sure to get ready to cover your face when you cross the streets. (old American cars & buses blowing smoke)

Times are changing, climates are changing, I'm convinced modern man and his borg like chemical/refinery/mining/production plants are partially responsible for climate change. God forbid a nuke or two are let loose. We all be digging holes in our basements and stock piling food.

CoalHeat

Post by CoalHeat » Tue. Oct. 30, 2007 10:18 pm

Hi Cap,

I agree with you, believe it or not.

I agree with protecting the environment. I think that there is a lot less pollution now then there was years ago due do advancements in technology.

What gets me going is when certain people use this topic for personal or political gain. They really don't believe in what their "fighting" for, it's just a tool to advance them towards their intended goal.

For Example:
In 1900 People in the city of Newark, NJ were dying from Cholera. Why? Because the drinking water was taken from the Passaic river, the same river their sewage was piped into. A major advancement in technology (for the time) was the establishment of the Newark Watershed which provided a safe source of drinking water. Sewage treatment followed, and so forth.

So being responsible is different from using a problem for personal/political gain.

Hope I explained this OK!

Thanks,

John

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Tue. Oct. 30, 2007 10:57 pm

quote from Cap God forbid a nuke or two are let loose. We all be digging holes in our
basements and stock piling food.
Hey cap don't bother digging we live to close to Washington D.C.
N.Y. City and I throw in Harrisburg PA just for the Nuke Plants We would be
Vaporized In minute or at the least we would have large Amounts of Radiation Fall out :shock:
Last edited by coal berner on Tue. Oct. 30, 2007 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

e.alleg

Post by e.alleg » Tue. Oct. 30, 2007 11:13 pm

f this place becomes like Florida, I'M ALL FOR IT!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
hehe I'll be sitting pretty with my beach front property when that happens. Welcome to Appalachia beach. :)

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Tue. Oct. 30, 2007 11:18 pm

Cap wrote: Russia, China & other countries are far worse violators than North America.
Hmmm you could be right. :idea: Check this picture out. The grey mass obscuring the earth is Smog over Eastern China. To orient yourself its looking in a southeasterly direction, the peninsula to the left is North and South Korea.

More here: http://visibleearth.nasa.gov/view_set.php?categor ... d=2109&p=2

Attachments

smog_over_china.png
.PNG | 5.3MB | smog_over_china.png

aproth
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by aproth » Wed. Oct. 31, 2007 12:16 pm

A while ago I decided to find out what percentage of the atmosphere is carbon dioxide to see if this global warming thing made any sense. I found that he answer according to Encarta is .03%. However, carbon dioxide as a result of man's activities is only 3.2 percent of that, hence only 0.12 percent of the greenhouse gases in total. It turns out that water vapor is the main greenhouse gas at about 95%. Now, with just that information, I don't have to be a scientist to see that all the hype about carbon dioxide doesn't make sense. Armed with those numbers, I love asking global warming believers to defend their position.

Check out this site:
**Broken Link(s) Removed**

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Wed. Oct. 31, 2007 12:59 pm

Do you think leaving out 99% of a calculation could skew the results?

Cap

Post by Cap » Wed. Oct. 31, 2007 3:08 pm

I have a hard time accepting facts from forum members who cannot sign their posts.

Even in the *introduction thread*, one at least should sign the introduction post.
If a stranger came up to me with their 30 second introduction and it included mention of Republicans or Democrats, I do this cause... and I do this cause...I can, I'd probably run for cover. Not that I am afraid, but because I would use common sense with a bucket full of caution.

Let's drop this whole thread, I believe it should be locked. I'm done with it anyway. I'm not a scientist so I'll refrain from any further commentary.

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”