2008 Steam Town Meet and Greet for Forum Members

cArNaGe

Post by cArNaGe » Sun. May. 04, 2008 8:28 pm

Alternate Route 2: From Endicott, New York and I-86/(Rt. 17) head South on Rt. 26 , this will turn into Rt. 267 once you cross the border. Contiune south on Rt. 267 to Meshoppen and Rt. 6. This is probably the most direct and fastest way but not by a whole lot, the upper part of it is very counrtry road and the speed limit is 45, the lower part below Lawton is 55mph.
Just a note. I live on the upper half of this road and although the upper half is 45 mph speed limit. Expect to get run over if you don't keep it above 55-70.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Sun. May. 04, 2008 11:22 pm

cArNaGe wrote:
Just a note. I live on the upper half of this road and although the upper half is 45 mph speed limit. Expect to get run over if you don't keep it above 55-70.
LOL, you must have been in front of me few times when I used to make deliveries up that way. Be careful, it's a narrow road. ;)

JiminBucks

Post by JiminBucks » Sun. May. 11, 2008 2:40 am

Hey guys, haven't been online in a long time! I hope to make the camp out so save a nice spot for me to pitch a tent, will bring the new girlfriend also. Wouldn't need any coal to keep warm!
I'm also thinking about bringing my smoker and some venison to share, Did up a whole hind qtr last summer, that turned out really good. Any one getting a keg to help chip in towards?
Been to both Steam town and Lacke Mine in the past with the kids! Will do Steam town for sure, what to ride the Cho Cho! I will have to ask MB if she whats to "Go Deep"! :lol: Jim

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Sun. May. 11, 2008 5:13 am

I'm getting a half of Yuengling. :D

Duengeon master
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark III
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite pea and nut mix. Bituminous lump

Post by Duengeon master » Wed. May. 14, 2008 8:14 pm

Gentlemen is there room for a few more? I want some coal, will have some beer :cheers: And want to ride the train :D Also a friend wants to do the mine tour. :)

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Wed. May. 14, 2008 8:21 pm

Plenty of room as far as I know. :D I'm getting a half of Yuengling beer so unless you want to drink something else you only need to bring beer in case it runs out.

Coal_Trickle

Post by Coal_Trickle » Mon. May. 19, 2008 4:40 pm

Wish I could go :cry: Ive been lurking here for a few weeks and everyone seems really nice and very helpful.

Would be a great way to meet some of you and learn more about the art of coal :D

Hope everyone has a fun safe time. Maybe the next meet up ;)

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Tue. May. 20, 2008 4:21 am

Richard S. wrote:I'm getting a half of Yuengling. :D
lager?
i'll bring some firewood in the trunk of my lincoln

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Tue. May. 20, 2008 4:36 am

Yes Lager, as far as the wood goes if you have the room by all means. If not don't worry about it. If everyone that can even brings a few pieces we'll have plenty, should be some there but I don't know how much and I don't want to burn it if I can avoid it. Besides if everyone brings wood we can can have really big fire and I like big fires, skys the limit. You can probably get 2 ton of wood in the fireplace and it has been done before. :D

My brother used to have tree business and we used to bring enormous 2 or 3 hundred pound pine logs and burn them whole. Put about ten of them on a fire. :P Live , dead whatever... it all burns.

cArNaGe

Post by cArNaGe » Tue. May. 20, 2008 7:58 am

I still plan on coming around 6:30 to ?

I actually drove by to see where it was. 5 minutes from work :D

stoker-man
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: 1981 efm wcb-24 in use 365 days a year
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/Chestnut
Other Heating: Hearthstone wood stove

Post by stoker-man » Tue. May. 20, 2008 11:16 am

I have an oak 3-way crotch that isn't worth splitting about the size of a small beachball. It's partially dry, but damp. How would that be? I was going to throw it in the woods to rot, but if you think it would still be useful, I can bring it.

Chris Murley

Post by Chris Murley » Tue. May. 20, 2008 4:19 pm

ok, for those of you that are attending the mine tour, we need you there no later than 9:30 AM sat morning. this will give you guys time to get tickets and have us let you down into the mine before normal tour time starts. we will be able to spend more time underground that way. we are setting it up so we will be the only ones in the mine and will have more time to give the tour our way! if you have been there before, trust me one of our tours is definitely not the standard "tour speech"! here is a video showing part of our almost 2 hour trip in the 190 slope last saturday as part of our 3 field mine tour day.

Last edited by Chris Murley on Fri. Mar. 31, 2017 11:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: embedded video :)

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Tue. May. 20, 2008 4:48 pm

Chris Murley wrote:ok, for those of you that are attending the mine tour, we need you there no later than 9:30 AM sat morning.
Please PM myself or Chris if you plan to attend so we make sure we have an accounting for all expected tour takers before we head into the mine.

Thanks Chris for doing the tour! C'mon folks, sign up you are getting a rare opportunity for th real deal!! :D

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Tue. May. 20, 2008 5:29 pm

stoker-man wrote:I have an oak 3-way crotch that isn't worth splitting about the size of a small beachball. It's partially dry, but damp. How would that be? I was going to throw it in the woods to rot, but if you think it would still be useful, I can bring it.
Yes that is fine, it really makes no difference what it is.

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Tue. May. 20, 2008 6:32 pm

Chris Murley wrote:ok, for those of you that are attending the mine tour, we need you there no later than 9:30 AM sat morning. this will give you guys time to get tickets and have us let you down into the mine before normal tour time starts. we will be able to spend more time underground that way. we are setting it up so we will be the only ones in the mine and will have more time to give the tour our way! if you have been there before, trust me one of our tours is definitely not the standard "tour speech"! here is a video showing part of our almost 2 hour trip in the 190 slope last saturday as part of our 3 field mine tour day.

Hey Chris can I bring My Gear and do some minig I would like to bring some coal back home with me :lol:

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”