Senates Votes to End Ethanol Subsidy

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Fri. Jun. 17, 2011 4:33 am

http://journalstar.com/news/local/govt-and-politi ... 66bdc.html

Just two days after an identical proposal fell far short of passage, the Senate voted again and dealt ethanol a double setback on Thursday.

A 59-40 defeat on Tuesday turned into a 73-27 victory for California Sen. Dianne Feinstein, Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn and others intent on ending a 45-cent blenders credit and a 54-cent tariff on imported ethanol.

Feinstein and other Democrats got behind a measure they had opposed earlier in the week because they were unhappy with the legislative tactics employed by Coburn.
Don't get too excited yet, it's only the Senate and there is still the mandate to deal with. This will actually increase the cost of gasoline since the loss of the subsidy will have to be made up at the pump.

europachris

Post by europachris » Fri. Jun. 17, 2011 7:37 am

The money is coming out of our pockets one way or the other, although the gov't still thinks they can grow money or have it simply appear out of thin air.

Ethanol is a farce.

Maybe FINALLY people are starting to see through all the self-serving political B.S. that got us into this mess in the first place......? Nah, couldn't be...but I keep hoping.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Fri. Jun. 17, 2011 7:57 am

Will still be paying for it however I don't think that is going to last for long.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Fri. Jun. 17, 2011 9:53 am

And I keep on hopping right along with you my friend--if enough of us HOPE???? my thoughts go to Arlo Guthries--"Alices Resteraunt" maybe it could turn into a movement, wouldn't that be just GRANDE ;)
europachris wrote:The money is coming out of our pockets one way or the other, although the gov't still thinks they can grow money or have it simply appear out of thin air.

Ethanol is a farce.

Maybe FINALLY people are starting to see through all the self-serving political B.S. that got us into this mess in the first place......? Nah, couldn't be...but I keep hoping.

Poconoeagle

Post by Poconoeagle » Fri. Jun. 17, 2011 11:55 am

we could all sit on the group "w" bench and play with the pencils....... :shock:

make quiet jokes about officer obie.....

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Mon. Jun. 27, 2011 11:40 pm

Alice lives in P-town on "The Cape"...
http://www.alicebrock.com/All%20About%20Alice.htm

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”