General energy and coal related topics, news and basic information. If you do not know where to post your topic post it here.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
- 30-40 Krag
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Sun. Oct. 26, 2008 9:52 am
- Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
- Stove/Furnace Model: KA-6 Boiler, Dual Fuel
- Location: Clearfield County, PA
Just placed an order for 2 more tons of rice. Should finish off the season nicely with 1/2 ton and have 1-1/2 to start off next year Keep your oil Lybia
- Posts: 1951
- Joined: Sat. Feb. 28, 2009 4:13 pm
- Stove/Furnace Make: axeman anderson
- Stove/Furnace Model: 130 anthratube
You still need the oil to get the coal to your home, unless they use pack mules30-40 Krag wrote:Just placed an order for 2 more tons of rice. Should finish off the season nicely with 1/2 ton and have 1-1/2 to start off next year Keep your oil Lybia
- Posts: 2597
- Joined: Tue. Jan. 08, 2008 9:51 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520, 700, Van Wert 800 GJ 61,53
- Baseburners & Antiques: Magic Stewart 16, times 2!
- Coal Size/Type: Lots of buck
- Other Heating: Slant Fin electric boiler backup
- Location: Malta N.Y.
So Libya can keep MOST of there oil
I think a man does what he can, untill his destiny is revealed. Right now that is trying to sell my EFM plate boilers in 520 and 700 sizes.
- Posts: 3549
- Joined: Sat. Mar. 17, 2007 6:29 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
- Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
- Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
- Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
- Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
- Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
- Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
- Other Heating: Oil HWBB
- Location: Central NH, Concord area
Just had another deliver a couple weeks ago....cold winter! We all bitch about the fuel prices, but think of what new tax will replace the ones on fuel now!!! It will have to be made up for somehow.....We still buy those 'Land Yachts' by the tens of thousands...do as I say, and not as I do. Did I see you in a Prius work vehicle, Scotty? We all have to get on-board with energy conservation, and coal is one very obvious way to decrease dependence on foreign oil. I started in 1972 when I stopped using oil as a primary heating fuel. They laughed then, but it is not so funny anymore. Nearly a half million gallons that I did not use over the last 39 years. That is a good start.......
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a 'piece of human solid waste' by the clean end." More true today....