$220 Barrel Oil? Perhaps More?

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Wed. Apr. 27, 2011 3:43 pm

Bush did try to increase supply by drilling in Alaska but was thwarted by a Dem congress.

But now we have hindsight and the proper course for our leader would be to do everything in his power to increase supply, especially domestic supply. Instead he does just the opposite.

I don't understand the constant harping on Bush's mistakes which most would agree with. How does that make Obama's blunders acceptable?

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Wed. Apr. 27, 2011 4:10 pm

Name calling at this point is useless but we now need a leader to start to do something about it. If you think it will just go away or that peak oil is a myth then consider this:

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/No-Easy ... risis.html

The Fed today has of course done nothing as they can't - for the life of me I don't understand why we are supposed to be on the edge of our seats when the Fed speaks - they are irrevelant at this point . The days of Volcker are long since gone. So now gold and oil must continue up as the dollar must continue down. This as sure as night follows day. The only issue at what point does oil demand destruction counteract the increasing price then that marks the top. Don't worry about greedy investors as they in fact reduce volatility. So where is that point for gas $5, $7, $10? Grab the popcorn and turn on the TV - going to get REAL nasty. Might as well as we can't afford to go anywhere.

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Wed. Apr. 27, 2011 5:07 pm

Just like in 08, there is no shortage, there is plenty of oil nothing but fear & greed driving the price up, mostly greed.

jeromemsn
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker 90 dvc
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman elite fireplace insert

Post by jeromemsn » Wed. Apr. 27, 2011 6:34 pm

You fellas need to start following the money trail instead of listening to Fox....

Who would profit the most from oil prices spiking in a 3 to 4 year interval....go ahead take all the time you want it's only costing you 4 bucks a gallon.

Another hint....What industry drives this country......go ahead take your time.......

Besides the oil companies what other company is making record profits even though the economy is basically in stagnation..........I'll just whistle while you think about it........

Don't have a clue yet of what it is.....damn man, no wonder this country is in trouble.....

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Wed. Apr. 27, 2011 6:41 pm

Yeah jerome - we're all brainwashed by Fox & can't think for ourselves. :roll: :lol: I'll give you that your a true democrat. I guess that counts for something .... :?:

Why is it so hard to understand that when you keep printing money, the dollar becomes more & more worthless! I'm just a dumb drunk mechanic & I figured that one out all by myself! :o

Every dollar the O man prints causes oil to rise in lock step. He & the fed are making the dollar essentially worthless. If we continue on this path, & the rest of the world tells us to take our dollar & shove it, what do you think you'll be paying per gallon then? Imagine having to convert to Yen before we purchase oil!! :shock: $10 a gallon perhaps? $15? $20?

jeromemsn

Post by jeromemsn » Wed. Apr. 27, 2011 6:50 pm

How about all that money that Bush printed.......

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Wed. Apr. 27, 2011 6:54 pm

What about it? Just because it was Bush doesn't make it any different.

But in fairness, under Obama, more money has been printed & spent by the government than ever existed in history prior. :shock: :shock: :shock:

The country is in dire straits. The people need to fix this NOW. The next few years are going to be interesting .....

jeromemsn

Post by jeromemsn » Wed. Apr. 27, 2011 8:01 pm

No Smitty your wrong Bush 1 and 2 printed more money than Obama that is a fact and one that I presented on previous posts.

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Wed. Apr. 27, 2011 8:04 pm

Presidents are not responsible for money creation.

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”