Reasons I Like Coal

jeromemsn
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker 90 dvc
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman elite fireplace insert

Post by jeromemsn » Tue. Mar. 15, 2011 12:05 am

Wow.....Rock On Sting...or is it Stinger, lol

Scottscoaled
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520, 700, Van Wert 800 GJ 61,53
Baseburners & Antiques: Magic Stewart 16, times 2!
Coal Size/Type: Lots of buck
Other Heating: Slant Fin electric boiler backup

Post by Scottscoaled » Tue. Mar. 15, 2011 12:07 am

Gotta be some kind a joke here about,,,,,,, your sister :lol: :lol: :lol:

stingray
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983 F.P. insert
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Stove Jeddo Anthracite
Other Heating: Electric ( never use it )

Post by stingray » Tue. Mar. 15, 2011 10:07 am

I love the smell of coal gas outside in the morning..... you know that sulfur smell..... makes me fell like... saving American jobs and money..... you know....

Demented

Post by Demented » Wed. Mar. 23, 2011 12:10 pm

When I hear my neighbors saying that this last cold snap of the year (hopefully!) will use up the last of their oil and they will have to place one more order to get them through the rest of the year. BTW, all the oil companies around here have a 150 gallon minimum order requirement...oh yea, #2 is $4.02 a gallon right now ($600 min).

Knowing that I will finish out the heating season using the same $65 scoop that I started with. OK, so I started using the insert the first of the month, I've already given to much to the oil company this year.

Hearing the neighbors complain about having to keep their thermostats at 65 or colder to be able to afford to heat their houses.

Walking by the living room thermometer and seeing it setting on 74+

Seeing the wife wearing her skimpy summer PJs in the winter.

Knowing that ALL the $$$ I spent on this project stayed in the local area!

homecomfort

Post by homecomfort » Mon. Apr. 11, 2011 10:57 pm

I seriously doubt many "Weinee Greenie" liberals, Give a Damn, whether you chose to heat your home with coal. some may be concerned about the environmental impact of some super big industries, and their sometimes irresponsible negligence. Some say that they like that coal does not spill into creeks, are you secretly an environmentalist after all ?. and if you are in a Public place, woods, fishing etc, you don;t own the world. " some berk gets in my way". coal mining sounds like a lousy way to make a living. would you work in a coal mine,? but it is ok with you to send Americans to an early grave, so you can feel "Very American", and save a few bucks. I like my coal stove, it does give that warm, fuzzy feeling, and I enjoy reading most of the posts written, by intelligent Gentlemen on this site. but when the racist, bigoted, uninformed political garbage spews out, it makes me believe some coal burners are just angry back woods hillbilly's.

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Mon. Apr. 11, 2011 11:05 pm

:wtf: I think it's time for your medication ........ :confused:

Back on topic ....

Here's MA's oil prices. We've officially set a record, surpassing '08 levels. Hopefully the 1/4 tank I have lasts 'till fall .... :|

http://www.newenglandoil.com/massachusetts/zone10.asp?x=0

firewoodman

Post by firewoodman » Sat. May. 14, 2011 1:44 pm

homecomfort wrote:I seriously doubt many "Weinee Greenie" liberals, Give a Damn, whether you chose to heat your home with coal. some may be concerned about the environmental impact of some super big industries, and their sometimes irresponsible negligence. Some say that they like that coal does not spill into creeks, are you secretly an environmentalist after all ?. and if you are in a Public place, woods, fishing etc, you don;t own the world. " some berk gets in my way". coal mining sounds like a lousy way to make a living. would you work in a coal mine,? but it is ok with you to send Americans to an early grave, so you can feel "Very American", and save a few bucks. I like my coal stove, it does give that warm, fuzzy feeling, and I enjoy reading most of the posts written, by intelligent Gentlemen on this site. but when the racist, bigoted, uninformed political garbage spews out, it makes me believe some coal burners are just angry back woods hillbilly's.
You must be a Democrat. Maybe the guy just enjoys his space/elbowroom....whatever. I live in a rual area and we do things a certain way...then you have 'out of towners' or worse, they relocate here permenently...they bring their 'way of life' with them(and that's fine) but they expect everyone to conform to their lifestyle. No we don't own the world. but some people are rude. ignorant and very bigoted toward people you may call 'hillbillys' but I may know them as simple folk who like to do things thier way.. Oh BTW, I DO think that many liberals care if we heat our homes w/ coal... have you seen the news lately??? And yes,I would work in a coal mine if thats what I need to do to put bread on my table. Crappy jobs are all over but as it's said' someones gotta do it.'

firewoodman

Post by firewoodman » Sat. May. 14, 2011 2:07 pm

I like coal because: #1 I can thumb my nose at the NG man :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

#2 I'm stockpiling FREE coal that someone dosent want/kinda like recycling

#3 supporting a product made in the USA

#4 I can thumb my nose at the gas man(oh, I said that already)

#5 I get pride by using old technology native to our area...and that some are suprised that people are still using coal!!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. May. 14, 2011 4:24 pm

E---all of the above--I mean the 3 directly above--who the hell was knockin hillbillies??? :taz: :box: :clap: toothy

Scottscoaled
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520, 700, Van Wert 800 GJ 61,53
Baseburners & Antiques: Magic Stewart 16, times 2!
Coal Size/Type: Lots of buck
Other Heating: Slant Fin electric boiler backup

Post by Scottscoaled » Sat. May. 14, 2011 7:32 pm

Heck man! I thought being racy, bigfooted and out of uniform WAS our god given, hillbilly right :)

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”