"Rice Berners" Tour Coal Country (and Drink Beer)

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Tue. May. 01, 2007 10:34 pm

Charlie Z wrote:Hey man, hurry! Dump that coal. I'm going after those bikes!

Don't worry - she handles like an overloaded shopping cart on 15" wheels.
hey Charlie what the hell is it how big is the box on it I can't tell from photo but a 4x3x6= about 1.8 tons 4x4x6=2.4 tons 4x2x6=1.2 tons 4x2x8=1.6 tons 4x4x8=3.2 tons ruffle 6x4x6=3.6 tons

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Wed. May. 02, 2007 12:10 am

coal berner wrote: I told them about this grate forum they were very interrested and had no idea there was anything like it so mybe we will have some more members
Spread the word. :) Seems most people in the coal industry are "Old School" and truly don't understand the power of the internet. Probably because of the dot com bust but that is really irrelevant as far as existing business are concerned. Forums like this are the heart and soul of the internet IMO, if you think about it they are actually throwbacks to the originall BB's started even before there was a public internet.

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.

Post by coal berner » Wed. May. 02, 2007 12:57 am

yes sir I am trying you are defanitly right about old school the first man I told said he does not have or use a computer and the other person was going home to check it out and the last one got on when I was on the phone with him so have you change your mined yet about coming down to join the tour it will be lots of fun come on down you are the next contestant on the beer & coal show =D>

stockingfull

Post by stockingfull » Wed. May. 02, 2007 1:05 am

coal berner wrote:come on down you are the next contestant on the beer & coal show =D>
:laughing3:

coal berner

Post by coal berner » Wed. May. 02, 2007 1:15 pm

Hello everyone update on coal prices talk to a few breakers today they told me unless the fuel cost comes down there will be know summer price change so it looks like they will stay the same the good news is they also said they should not be going up so here are the prices $120.00 a ton this place will not be open saturdays in the summer mon-fri 7-5 next $130.00 a ton will be open mon-fri 6-4- sat 6-2 ? - $135.00 a ton 6-4 mon-fri - sat ? - the next 3 $ 140.00 a ton mon-fri 7-5 sat 7-12 lets all hope the fuel prices go down HA HA HA YEA RIGHT :x

coal berner

Post by coal berner » Fri. May. 04, 2007 12:33 am

hey everyone I know mentioned this before about the pioneertunnel coal mine if we have some time left I would like to take all of you up there I think you will all injoy it so here is the site http://www.pioneertunnel.com if all of you are interested we can get a group tour so let me know and I will take care of it were is everybody at june is right around the corner lets get some more people on bored got to go now and put some more coal on 38f out side tonight and going down may 4th yea globalwarming :?:

cheapheat

Post by cheapheat » Fri. May. 04, 2007 5:13 pm

Im really trying to get the wife to just say go on without me but so far its not working. Ive got no problems bringing her but I know she wouldnt enjoy any part of the trip until I said lets go home. Im gonna work her again this weekend and see what happens.? Jim

stockingfull

Post by stockingfull » Fri. May. 04, 2007 8:54 pm

cheapheat wrote:Im really trying to get the wife to just say go on without me but so far its not working. Ive got no problems bringing her but I know she wouldnt enjoy any part of the trip until I said lets go home. Im gonna work her again this weekend and see what happens.? Jim
Have you told her you're taking her in a convertible? :occasion1:

cheapheat

Post by cheapheat » Sat. May. 05, 2007 11:27 am

That would go over like a fart in church!! Im not sure what to do yet an old tactic of mine if I wanna stay up to watch tv alone or something is to just start a fight with her so she gets pissed and goes to bed but now im talking about 214 miles one way! Thats one hella fight Id have to start, rest assured you guys Im working on it. Walleye season just opened here today so maybe Ill take her fishing and sweet talk her a little more. Wish me luck! Oh yeah, I turned off my Channing 3 last night and am regretting it right now my house was 58 degrees this morning, I was a little chilly. Jim

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Sat. May. 05, 2007 12:07 pm

Yeah 3-4 hours each way with your teeth clenched would be no fun, I'm sure all of us Coal-burning, Bike-riding, Diesel-Pickup Trailer towing CHARMING guys could get her to crack a smile or two, but who knows, maybe not :lol: :shock: :(

Hope you can work it out. I'm creating my bid for my work schedule in June, I should be able to make it to the 'tour'.

Good Luck with your 'negotiations'

Greg L.

Duengeon master
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark III
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite pea and nut mix. Bituminous lump

Post by Duengeon master » Sun. May. 06, 2007 7:51 am

:) Hi everyone. After reading about the ride to Pottsville, I finally decided to join this forum. :P It is very informative. I am from Bucks county Pa.

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Sun. May. 06, 2007 10:58 am

Welcome DM !! What type of coal appliance do you use [if any] ?? Have you been reading the forum for awhile??

Greg L.

Duengeon master
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark III
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite pea and nut mix. Bituminous lump

Post by Duengeon master » Sun. May. 06, 2007 3:51 pm

hi Greg, I discovered this forum by accident while surfing about coal 6 mo. ago. :P I have a coal chubby made by plymouth coal stove works. Unfortunately they are no longer in buisness. :( I am looking forward to attending the 1st annual rice berners ride and beer fest :occasion5: : My half ton p/u has taken over 2240 lbs of nut, but not across Rt. 78! :x

Motor Stoker

Post by Motor Stoker » Sun. May. 06, 2007 8:07 pm

I would like to join you but I will be out of town that weekend. Maybe next year I can make it. You all have a fun trip.

rsopko

Post by rsopko » Mon. May. 07, 2007 1:21 pm

:?: Question, what about the brewery tour, trailor load of black gold, mine tour/ train ride but can we bring the kids along (6,an 8) for a day of adventure, after all they load the coal buckets and enjoy the heat. I'm planing on this but still too far away to know for sure. Good luck on your arangment's

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”