Thanking Those Who Have Helped in Our First Coal Year

Pocono Newbies

Post by Pocono Newbies » Tue. Apr. 06, 2010 8:13 am

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of you guys for the help you've given me in this, our introductory year to coal burning. You've made things that much easier for us, and I'm so glad I found this great forum! Again, thanks, guys!

Connie

GeorgiePorgie

Post by GeorgiePorgie » Tue. Apr. 06, 2010 10:18 am

Any time !

Anything to prevent the greedy wall street people from keeping on raising fuel prices is a good thing, makes me wish my van would run on coal !

Pocono Newbies

Post by Pocono Newbies » Tue. Apr. 06, 2010 12:55 pm

I agree! I just love the emails I get from environmentalists calling for the ban of coal usage in favor of clean heating sources! Of course, they never, ever take into consideration the affordability of other sources of fuel. Sure, we should all burn "clean" propane, and spend several thousand for heating. They want to ban coal, for which we spend a few hundred for a heating season! Plus it supports American workers, not rich oil people and foreign oil suppliers. It also provides jobs for Pennsylvanians and other places where there are sources of coal. May not be the easiest job out there, but it still keeps people working.

We calculated the number of fillups we used to get per winter season for our 500 gal. tank, and we estimate that we would have spent between $2,500 and $3,000 to heat the house this year. No thank you! Instead, we spent about $600, and we were pretty toasty.

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Tue. Apr. 06, 2010 4:33 pm

Pocono Newbies wrote:I agree! I just love the emails I get from environmentalists calling for the ban of coal usage in favor of clean heating sources! Of course, they never, ever take into consideration the affordability of other sources of fuel. Sure, we should all burn "clean" propane, and spend several thousand for heating. They want to ban coal, for which we spend a few hundred for a heating season! Plus it supports American workers, not rich oil people and foreign oil suppliers. It also provides jobs for Pennsylvanians and other places where there are sources of coal. May not be the easiest job out there, but it still keeps people working.

We calculated the number of fillups we used to get per winter season for our 500 gal. tank, and we estimate that we would have spent between $2,500 and $3,000 to heat the house this year. No thank you! Instead, we spent about $600, and we were pretty toasty.
Don't forget propane is a product from refining oil including foreign oil . Dave

Pocono Newbies

Post by Pocono Newbies » Tue. Apr. 06, 2010 5:27 pm

Absolutely! That's what I find so infuriating, they send out these emails, but they don't offer affordable alternatives that don't make the oil barons richer!

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”