Road Trip, What an Adventure!!

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Wed. Feb. 21, 2007 7:21 am

It was our pleasure!

And FREE Wireless internet too! I don't think our local "hotel" even has that! :)

Charlie Z

Post by Charlie Z » Wed. Feb. 21, 2007 9:31 pm

Is that a snow flake on my new boiler!?!

Glad you made it through - that was "above and beyond."

(Sorry I missed you, but I had work in FL and just got back. They were moaning in Miami when it dropped to 59*.)

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Fri. Feb. 23, 2007 9:44 am

ktm rider wrote:Greg,
Just wondering if they did the Ol' N.C.I.C. check before they let you stay! :) :) You can't be too careful. LOL!!
Actually just ask Greg, he should have done the background check on my family! :lol: Greg is more than welcome any time as long as he can put up with the two resident aliens (AKA teenagers) who reside in our home. Plus he missed out on meeting the 5 year old who is even more of a challenge!
Also Greg was a welcome guest since he shoveled his fair share of snow (maybe a little more!).
I think since we had no snow all winter that our PennDot/Local plow crews forgot what to do! We only had around 20" and you would think it was a state of emergency!
Glad to see you made it home safely buddy! :P

ktm rider

Post by ktm rider » Fri. Feb. 23, 2007 12:34 pm

Matthaus wrote:
ktm rider wrote:Greg,
Just wondering if they did the Ol' N.C.I.C. check before they let you stay! :) :) You can't be too careful. LOL!!
Actually just ask Greg, he should have done the background check on my family! :lol: Greg is more than welcome any time as long as he can put up with the two resident aliens (AKA teenagers) who reside in our home. Plus he missed out on meeting the 5 year old who is even more of a challenge!
Also Greg was a welcome guest since he shoveled his fair share of snow (maybe a little more!).
I think since we had no snow all winter that our PennDot/Local plow crews forgot what to do! We only had around 20" and you would think it was a state of emergency!
Glad to see you made it home safely buddy! :P
That was a little joke I had with Greg, He came to my neck of the woods this fall to pick up some Bit coal and he stayed at my house ( also a welcomed guest anytime he wants to come) I have 2 small children and you can never be too careful so I ran an NCIC check on him while I was at work before he got to my house. He checks out clean as a whistle.

HOWEVER !!! Ummm.. There is a registered sexual predator that shares his same name ( different middle initial I think) that live in Michigan also. SO I covertly questioned him about where in Michigan he is from before he got to my house. :oops: My wife was relieved to know he was not the next Jeffery Dahmer.
I don't think Greg was offended about this when I told him what I did, I sure hope not. You just can't be too careful these days.

Charlie Z

Post by Charlie Z » Mon. Feb. 26, 2007 8:43 am

The boiler Greg brought east finished it's trip to NY on Saturday.

Beware when someone who owns a forklift says something is light. Let's just say it's all the boiler he said it was. I can't wait to get the beast hooked up.

Matthaus, proprietor of Coal Valley Tours, set us up at a local dealer and we further taxed the springs on the pickup with 10 bags. It's worth the trip to hear Matthaus' 680hp cummins go thru its gears.

It's only 3 hrs from here, so we'll be back to get some more. A buddy knows someone with a dump trailer...

- Charlie

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Mon. Feb. 26, 2007 2:48 pm

:) Charlie, I looked up all our emails and PM's back and forth, I think I said at least 10 times that it is HEAVY!! emphasis included!! :lol: :)

I wasn't kidding was I?? lol.

I'm glad you got it home OK, just be careful manuevering it around.

With the price of scrap steel lately, maybe I should have looked into scrap price for it?? Naw, it would be a shame to melt it down.

It will keep ya warm for decades to come.

Greg L

nwaelder
Verified Business Rep.

Post by nwaelder » Tue. Feb. 27, 2007 3:09 pm

Greg, Nice adventure! I'm glad you made it home safe.
You drove into the heart of the biggest storm this winter!

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”