Woven Bags for Coal

General energy and coal related topics, news and basic information. If you do not know where to post your topic post it here.
tvb
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing III

Post Fri. Dec. 11, 2009 7:41 pm

I've tried several search terms on ebay searching for woven bags that feed or coal sometimes comes in and can't seem to find the right combination. Is there a special name for these types of bags? I've tried "woven bags", "feed bags", "mesh bags" and still can't seem to nail down the right search. Ideas? Or does anyone have a source for them?

CoaLen
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post Fri. Dec. 11, 2009 9:19 pm

Try looking for woven polypropylene bags.
Here's one site:
**Broken Link(s) Removed**Good luck,
-Len
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

e.alleg
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM
Stove/Furnace Model: 520

Post Mon. Dec. 14, 2009 10:38 pm

I have hundreds I'll give you for free, they all had coal in them so they have been tested :) come get them PM me for my # or I can ship them UPS at cost to save on time and gas.
Burning coal is definitely worth the extra work involved.
"Good enough" is not good enough.

Nevercold
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: DVC-500

Post Mon. Dec. 14, 2009 11:03 pm

FYI.
They work great when new. If the sun gets to them, they fail very quickly. Less than a year and they are done. Keep them covered and out of the sunlight.

tvb
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing III

Post Tue. Dec. 15, 2009 12:00 am

e.alleg wrote:I have hundreds I'll give you for free, they all had coal in them so they have been tested :) come get them PM me for my # or I can ship them UPS at cost to save on time and gas.

Meh. While I grew up in the village of Hamburg, I don't see myself taking a road trip that way anytime soon. If you PM me with an address, I'll send you some shipping money in whatever form you want (check, pay pal) and you can send a pile of bags back to me?

Greyhound
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 105
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Lenox Oil HA, Heat Pump

Post Wed. Dec. 16, 2009 12:58 am

Are there any micro-brewers near you? The ones around here always have a posting on freecycle or craigslist trying to get someone to take the empty bags that grain comes in. I haven't seen these bags, but I would think that they would work well for this.

mswartz
Stove/Furnace Make: Standard Oak

Post Thu. Dec. 17, 2009 10:32 pm

I've purchased woven polypropylene feedbags from Agway in Greensburg PA and other Agway stores. Check your local grain mill.

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”