New Yorkers, Make Yourself Known

sootman

Post by sootman » Wed. Dec. 02, 2009 1:02 pm

wlape3 wrote:
sootman wrote: That was bagged, from the east,take rt 20 west after you pass Cherry Valley go to the next light [ about 4 miles ] if you are coming from the west go threw Richfield Springs and go to the next light [ about 4 miles ] go north on rt 80 about 3 miles, turn right onto Summit Hill rd, bear left at the Y and go to the top of the hill, make first left [ DeRonda rd ] first place on right [ gray buildings ] is where you want to go, pole barn out back full of coal. 315 858 0384 but not always answered, they go to bed early, 8PM, hope this helps

Glenn
Thanks Glenn, that's all the detail I need since I'm very familiar with route 20. I probably go through Richfield Springs about twice a month. Watch out for the Troopers! That area is a well known speed trap.

Will
They put a lot of rookie Troopers in Richfield, hungery little buggers :(

Glenn

Mike R

Post by Mike R » Mon. Dec. 07, 2009 7:32 pm

I'll make myself known......Mike here representing from the Hudson Valley !!!!!!!! I get my rice from Cornwall Coal.

Tunapop

Post by Tunapop » Tue. Dec. 08, 2009 7:04 pm

Welcome Mike, I'm from Huson Valley too. Where is Cornwall Coal? Do they deliver and how much do they sell for and what sizes are available?

Mike R

Post by Mike R » Wed. Dec. 09, 2009 5:50 pm

Tunapop wrote:Welcome Mike, I'm from Huson Valley too. Where is Cornwall Coal? Do they deliver and how much do they sell for and what sizes are available?
Thanks Tunapop :D :D

Cornwall Coal Sales LLC
22 Station Rd
Cornwall NY

Low ash Premium anthracite coal-Bag or Bulk Delivery Service
Automatic & Hand Fire Boilers, Furnaces, Stoves

http://www.cornwallcoal.com

I usually get 3 tons of rice in bulk delivered for $688.29 Take $30.00 off that if I picked it up myself. Thah have all sizes available to my knowledge and they pull from Jeddo !!!

stockingfull

Post by stockingfull » Wed. Dec. 09, 2009 6:57 pm

OK, looks like we got dlj in Monroe, Mike R and me on the west and east flanks of Cornwall Coal, and Tunapop lurking somewhere in the area.

Any of you guys play with motorcycles when the stove's off? :gee:

Mike R

Post by Mike R » Wed. Dec. 09, 2009 11:17 pm

stockingfull wrote:OK, looks like we got dlj in Monroe, Mike R and me on the west and east flanks of Cornwall Coal, and Tunapop lurking somewhere in the area.

Used to not anymore, wife and I are having another baby due in april so I had to give up on some of my toys and my bike was one of them :( :( A few of my friends usually come over on saturday nights and we spend time in my garage wrenching on their bikes. My father-in-law and brother-law-ride often. We are all custom Harleys owners(well I was until 1 1/2 months ago). My time will come again :roll: :roll:

Tunapop

Post by Tunapop » Thu. Dec. 10, 2009 6:02 pm

I'm on the Northern fringe in Columbia County. When it's not raining and my chores are done my bride clears me for take-off on my HD '03 Custom Duece. Thanks for the link on Cornwall Coal. It sounds like the kind of place I need. Do any of you guys know what the deal is on the coal bins they have available. They seemed worried about driving over grass I wonder how far they can chute it... it's a wild looking truck. I'm thinking of a centralized boiler outside but I'm agonizing over where to locate it. I have room for bulk, and I can move about a half ton at a time. I don't want to dig far and I worry about the grass too!

Mike R

Post by Mike R » Tue. Dec. 15, 2009 10:56 pm

they make bins from some sort of timber, it can be used indoors and outdoors. Its 3 sided with a removable top. I think they make them in 3, 5 and 7 tons if I remember correctly. Driving on grass has caused some issues with first time delivery customers where the truck has torn up some lawns that people had complained about. Not sure on how far their chute extends, they could always answer that.

Thomas12980

Post by Thomas12980 » Thu. Dec. 24, 2009 8:46 am

Here in Saint Regis Falls. I use a pot bellied stove just to supplement my monitor. It's good clean heat! Gets kinda warm when its chugging along. But with a humidifier going the heat is bearable. Least the coal prices are pretty much steady since last year, still cheaper than K-1 for the monitor!

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Jan. 02, 2010 2:03 pm

New York Orange County, about 70 miles from Scranton and 255 miles form the best coal (so I have been told but I think I have a great source). 7000sq ft Victorian farm house (leak box) and a 5000' house for the workers and part time guests. We train dressage horses. I wuz going bust three years ago with the oil bills and found coal. Keystoker 90 keeps the little house very cozy. A DVC and this year a new LL Pocono 110K work night and day to keep me warm (real warm). LOVE that coal! Thx to all. :partyhat:

no74falcon
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: 2) Leisure Line Pioneers, 1) Keystoker
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: 1) Hitzer 82FA, 1) Newmac WG100

Post by no74falcon » Sun. Jan. 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Hi everyone, I am in Erieville, Madison County, just southeast of Syracuse. Growing up, we heated with various wood and hand fired coal stoves. After my parents bought our second farm, I too heated with a couple different wood stoves. When my father passed away in '97, to make things easier, my mother and I each purchased a Leisure Line stoker coal stove. They owed us nothing but my mother built a new, efficient house and didn't want to mess with the coal, and I was at a point that I needed to replace mine. In October of this year, I installed a new Hitzer 82FA, and am burning a combination of wood and coal, as I am learning how to use a hand fired coal stove. I think the stove is smarter than I am as the learning curve is easier than I thought it would be. Still not all they way there but I am gaining. I am really glad I found this board as I have learned a lot and am really enjoying the warm temperatures in the house and reading everything all of you have to say.

Thanks,
Allen Clark

dlj
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Castings Resolute
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Baseheater #6
Coal Size/Type: Stove coal
Other Heating: Oil Furnace, electric space heaters

Post by dlj » Sun. Jan. 10, 2010 9:40 pm

Mike R wrote:
stockingfull wrote:OK, looks like we got dlj in Monroe, Mike R and me on the west and east flanks of Cornwall Coal, and Tunapop lurking somewhere in the area.

Used to not anymore, wife and I are having another baby due in april so I had to give up on some of my toys and my bike was one of them :( :( A few of my friends usually come over on saturday nights and we spend time in my garage wrenching on their bikes. My father-in-law and brother-law-ride often. We are all custom Harleys owners(well I was until 1 1/2 months ago). My time will come again :roll: :roll:
I used to ride bikes, but it's been many years since I stopped.I'm more interested in sailboats now... In fact I was just ruminating on designing a very small coal stove that could be used in a sailboat... It would have to run wood and coal...

dj

2001Sierra
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34

Post by 2001Sierra » Sun. Jan. 10, 2010 10:15 pm

Burning coal for 28 years now. Wynantskill NY outside of Troy half way between NYC and Lake Placid. Buderus hand fed for 27 years, now a Keystoker 90 top vent because I am getting older and need more heat and easier heat. Keystoker 90 with the Coal-trol is unbelieveable. I have purchased coal from Utica to Pittsfield, and Kingston to Glens Falls. Favorites are Kimmel, and Jeddo. Not crazy about Blackshak. Burn about 3 tons a year. Split a trailer load with 3 friends this year, will buy another next year so we have at least a one year supply in reserve.

Tunapop

Post by Tunapop » Mon. Jan. 11, 2010 5:48 pm

Sierra,
I was wondering how you manage to split a truck with your friends. Does the truck make different stops or does everyone go to one spot ? Do you all burn the same size and get bulk or do you split the delivery with different sizes of bagged coal to suit evryones needs?

2001Sierra
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34

Post by 2001Sierra » Tue. Jan. 12, 2010 9:36 pm

The truck makes one stop at freinds business. Unloaded with forklift, and yes we got both pallets of nut, and rice.

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”