EMERGENCY HELP REQUEST!!! Can I Do This TODAY???

Gary in Pennsylvania

Post by Gary in Pennsylvania » Sat. Nov. 11, 2006 8:59 am

OK - Here's the low-down.....

We have a birthday party at our house today for my 7yr old daughter and my 3yr old son. It's JUST family members & such....Not all their kid friends. Either way, we're looking at 25 people DOWNSTAIRS in our splitlevel home.........and that's where the firemonster Harman insert is.

IT'S TOO WARM! Even if I open all the windows & sliding glass door. The heat jacket fan is blowin' it's fury. I have the box's draft cut V-E-R-Y low and the magnetic fan is redaing under 250 degrees ( The fire is just barely hanging on ).

Can I safely cut the fan off since the temps are so low? I want to. Just for daytime today.

Whaddaya think???

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Sat. Nov. 11, 2006 9:39 am

Which fan?

I would reduce the feed rate as far as possible and if you have a rehostat, turn it down to minimal settings.

Or just unplug it for a while until it almost goes out and have to restart it later maybe it will cool down enough for a while or leave it unplugged. Of course, you will have to start it again.

Gary in Pennsylvania

Post by Gary in Pennsylvania » Mon. Nov. 13, 2006 7:15 am

Whulp.....I did it anyway.

Sorry I’m responding soooo long after the fact...the weekend was BUSY!

And I forgot to mention that I'm operating a hand-fired Harman insert. User manual emphasizes the important role the fan blower plays in regulating box "safe temperatures". An insert relies much less on 'radiant heat' than does a stand alone unit.

I cut the draft down till she was idling at 225-250ish and cut the fan off. No harm done. And it wasn't crazy hot down there either.

Thanks!

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”