Ice Storm and Hitzer 30-95

dbev

Post by dbev » Mon. Dec. 22, 2008 7:54 am

Hi Guys,

It's been a long time since I've had a chance to log in. Still no power since the Ice storm last week but the Hitzer has been a blessing, it just keeps chugging along. I've been a nice toasty 75F through this whole power outage. I've been running a PowerMax 4400 generator since last Tuesday and that thing has been great.

We got crushed by that ice storm, it's a night I won't soon forget,trees exploding all around the house one large cherry uprooted at about 3:00 in the morning, that got my attention! No damage to the house or cars and by a miracle the service to the house wasn't torn down. although the pole has pulled in toward the house some. The line crews were coming closer to the house as of yesterday, working through an awful snow storm. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

My wife can't say enough good things about our Hitzer and I agree, we were in the dark for the first four days but we were warm. It's the best investment we've made.

Happy Holidays to Everyone!

Attachments

ice.jpg

Just a small amount of the damage.

.JPG | 94.5KB | ice.jpg
hand.jpg
.JPG | 62KB | hand.jpg
cherry.jpg
.JPG | 106.1KB | cherry.jpg

Floydman89
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Floydman89 » Mon. Dec. 22, 2008 8:36 am

I understand what you are going thru, we had an ice storm 5-6 years ago. At that time we would have LOVED to be able to depend on a Hitzer 30-95...... One of the major reasons why we chose the Hitzer this year, and not stoves that require power!.. Not that they don't have their advantages also.. .my Parents have a LE Pioneer & LOVE the thing... but when the power goes out..... they start to worry... No worries here now!!! Makes a great night light TOO! Its a part of our Family now!!!

tfaath

Post by tfaath » Mon. Dec. 22, 2008 10:01 am

Dbev

Wow, many thanks for the photos, you really can’t appreciate just how bad things can get. We all take things like power for granted. When Mother Nature decides it’s time to take it away, there is very little we can do.

Very dramatic photos, thanks for sharing, and it’s good to hear you were able to make it through with only a few discomforts.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”