Older Harman Magnafire Elite (Coal Insert)

justcollectingdust

Post by justcollectingdust » Sun. Dec. 14, 2008 1:56 pm

Hi,
new here.......I have a question concerning the fan on our Harman Elite coal insert..........I just purchased it a week ago and felt it was a really good price ($275). It's in very good shape, not showing very much use. Anyway, the fans work great....I've cleaned it up and did all the maintenance on it (oil, etc)....my question is this......it has no switch to turn it on and off.......just a plug to use and that's it......from previous stoves I'm use to having a switch and also having the stove turn itself on and off depending on temp........did the older stoves come with this?
thank you!! ...Lew

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Sun. Dec. 14, 2008 3:28 pm

If not, you could just put a Rheostat or temp. switch inline with it and then control it that way.

justcollectingdust

Post by justcollectingdust » Wed. Dec. 17, 2008 5:31 pm

Thank you!
I'll put the inline temp switch in........I appreciate your help.

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Wed. Dec. 17, 2008 5:39 pm

As far as I know the Harman hand fired's don't have a switch, just the plug. I use the $34 piggy back plug in thermostat shown in the link below on a switched receptacle.

http://kkontrols.com/

jeromemsn
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker 90 dvc
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman elite fireplace insert

Post by jeromemsn » Wed. Dec. 17, 2008 7:51 pm

Thats correct, there is no temp switch just plug it in or sometimes there is an on off switch on the cord to turn the fan on and off. I unplug mine when I do my shake down, take the ashes out, and fill it back up with fresh coal. The Harman inserts work the same way as any hand fed coal stove.

Oakback

Post by Oakback » Sat. Dec. 20, 2008 10:38 am

there was a punch-out hole on the bottom of the right side fan that my installer used to install an on-off switch on my new magnafire.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”