4 Degrees Out and 75 in, No Arabs in Sight!

Gary L
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Russo #1

Post by Gary L » Sun. Dec. 07, 2008 11:31 pm

Gotta love this good old American Coal!

Gary

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Mon. Dec. 08, 2008 6:19 am

Prettttty fire.

I agree.... somehow during the night someone kicked the bottom out of the thermometer, well, the out door one. The indoor one is happy and so are the humans around it.

TimV
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Older Ashley Cabinet ( pre US Stove gobble up)
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Energy King 480 EK
Coal Size/Type: Warm weather smaller coal. Cold weather larger coal.
Other Heating: Oil Furnace Backup when repairs are needed

Post by TimV » Mon. Dec. 08, 2008 7:37 am

:D Speaking of Arabs
Our best pals,the Saudi's Top Oil Minister was on 60 Minutes trying to garner sympathy for his "poor" country because of rapidly falling oil prices.
It was stated during conversation it cost them $2.00 a barrel to get oil to market :(
What are they doing with the rest of the dough?
He also said he would need $75 a barrel to sustain the single scource economy of Saudi Arabia....(Guess $42.00 oil wont support many terrorist organizations funded by the oil money :oops: )
It seems that they are very worried about countries switching to other than oil for heat or power .....Imagine that! :lol:
Maybe our great and honorable members of Congress should pay close attention to what can happen when all members of a society depend on a single income scource whether it be oil or working for the Government....Be it Federal,State, County,or local Township.
You need diversity .We need jobs for workers not just offices for talking heads on a TV set that claim to have the answers but never seem to do anything but talk and criticize.
Guess if you actually make something tangable (cars for instance) you must be belittled first before getting help.
If your a banker just write a figure on a blank check and its yours ..and if its not enough just write yourself another. No need to account for what you do with this banker money just spend it as you like .Dont worry about making loans with it ..We can just print you guys another few TRILLION if you want it We have lots of paper and ink :oops:

UpStateMike

Post by UpStateMike » Mon. Dec. 08, 2008 11:49 am

Nothing makes me smile more than hearing about the Saudis and even the oil companies in general crying about the price of oil.

Here's a suggestion, maybe instead of buying gold encrusted Bentleys and rediculously lavish homes you could have squirrelled away the money?

I don't think any of them need our sympathy as they have all of our money from their record profits. Sadly, someone on capitol hill is talking about bail out....

Yanche
Stoker Coal Boiler: Alternate Heating Systems S-130
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea

Post by Yanche » Mon. Dec. 08, 2008 11:54 am

I saw that 60 minutes program too. I think the "several dollars" was what it cost to produce a gallon of oil. It did not include the capital investment in the exploration, drilling, storing, etc. of oil. Clearly the Saudi's have made a huge investment so that they can continue to supply oil to the world and maintain their country's income. Just imagine if such an investment were made in the USA. Pick the technology, nuclear, clean coal, coal to liquid fuel, solar or wind. As T. Booth Pickens says it's insane to keep transferring so much wealth to foreign countries. Countries, that basically hate us.

jpd989
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hand Fed Coal Stove: D.S. Machine Basement Stove #3
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat and Chestnut

Post by jpd989 » Mon. Dec. 08, 2008 1:45 pm

Maybe they should use their profit money to explore other ways to employ there people. And stop complaining about dropping prices on oil. We (The American People) still have to pay more for all of our basic needs from food, clothing, electricity, and heat. To increased medical insurance costs. The big companies just pass on the price increases to the American People. I for one am only driving when necessary, reduced fuel usage almost 50 % and I will not buy heating oil ever again God willing.

Gary L
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Russo #1

Post by Gary L » Mon. Dec. 08, 2008 5:21 pm

jpd989 wrote:Maybe they should use their profit money to explore other ways to employ there people. And stop complaining about dropping prices on oil. We (The American People) still have to pay more for all of our basic needs from food, clothing, electricity, and heat. To increased medical insurance costs. The big companies just pass on the price increases to the American People. I for one am only driving when necessary, reduced fuel usage almost 50 % and I will not buy heating oil ever again God willing.
Most of their people aren't even employed! They spend their days seeking ways to get food and shelter. In the Islamic world there appears to be just 2 classes, Haves and Have-nots. Their entire country is similar to many other third world places with the fancy hotels and rich living on the front street and all the others living in the back or out in the deserts.

It is only here in America where the poor drive over to the welfare office in a cadillac to pick up their checks for doing nothing. It is only here in America where those of us who work pay the taxes to fill the rich guys bank accounts and feed the poor and lazy.

The next time your local congressman or Senator tells you he wants health insurance for every American, tell him you want the same plan they have.

Gary

captcaper

Post by captcaper » Tue. Dec. 09, 2008 6:41 am

I don't think it's just the Arabs. Russia makes it's money from oil now as well as other countries. Don't forget our own oil companies and stock holders who didn't turn down the outrageous oil profits. It won't end here it will get worse again.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”