Baro ?'S

BeerMonley
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Lesiure Line
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by BeerMonley » Thu. Dec. 04, 2008 10:01 pm

how high up do I install a baro on my pipe? should it be at the top elbow where it goes into the chimney. and is it nessary to use the manomter(sp?) to adjust it or can I get close enough somehow else?

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Fri. Dec. 05, 2008 7:43 am

Refer to the installing instruction with your Baro Damper, if a Field Controls RC type, go the their website, they have installation instructions online.

Please look here, been discussed numerous times. Must be no less then 18" from the stove, doesn't really matter where it's located, but "should" be in a straight section of pipe.
Install a Barometric Damper on a Stoker Stove/Furnace?

Yes, a Draft Gauge aka Manometer is the ONLY way to set the correct weight/draft on the stove. The weight shown on the baro is a close setting to get you started and some people just use it that way, but to really check it and calibrate correctly, a draft gauge is a must.

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Fri. Dec. 05, 2008 11:08 am

There is a lot of info on this board regarding baro installs. I installed mine in the end of a T that goes through the thimble after about a 30" straight run of pipe on an angle from the exhaust port on the stove to the thimble. The fly ash tends to accumulate in that horizontal section as it goes through the wall and having the baro at the end of that T makes cleaning it out easy.

I think I remember the field controls manual saying not to install it as I did on the end of a T on a solid fuel device (I believe because it would throw their horizontal or vertical balance scale off). However, I think it works fine as it is because I have the manometer set up and I set the baro weight based on its readings, not the baro scale. I have no trouble keeping the draft as read on the mano between .04 - .05. The baro flutters as would be expected on colder and windy days keeping the draft measurement on the manometer consistent.

BeerMonley
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Lesiure Line
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by BeerMonley » Mon. Dec. 08, 2008 1:13 pm

thanks for hte info. I don't have one yet but will prob get on next time the fire goes out

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”