Hotblast 1557 Forced Air Fans

gitrdonecoal
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90

Post by gitrdonecoal » Sun. Nov. 30, 2008 1:17 pm

hey guys my hotblas 1557 is working great, thanks for all the help. now just a little question. I do not have the furnace ducted into my house, just a few elbows and let it radiate. managed to get the house comfortable at 73ish, outside is around 32. I feel the forced air fans run a lot. is this bad for them? should I install a thermostat to kick the fans on and off more? thanks

john

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Sun. Nov. 30, 2008 1:20 pm

You could put a temp. snap switch on the plenum or thermostat to control the fan better.

Many blowers on the stoves run 24/7. Just make sure you lube them at least once a season (if equipped with oil holes).

BIG BEAM

Post by BIG BEAM » Sun. Nov. 30, 2008 2:11 pm

I've been runing mine 24/7 and this is my 3rd year.5000hrs a year.I oil mine once in the start of the year and again in the middle of the year(1 drop) don't over oil.I don't know if you have a return filter or not but if you don't clean the fans twice a year also.I clean mine once a year because I have filters.The fans are about 125.00 ea so take care of them.Electric motors that are cooled like this should last a long time as long as they're kept clean.
DON

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”