Anyone Out There Have a Baker Fireside Insert?

Pete69

Post by Pete69 » Sat. Nov. 01, 2008 2:10 am

Hi,
I am new here and after lots of research have decided to go with Baker Fireside Insert. We have a 3000 sq.ft. old house and this will be centrally located. I am hoping someone out there already has one of these and can tell me what they like or dislike about it?

jjs777_fzr
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Penn Coal Stove & Chubby
Other Heating: CFM Wood Stove & Englander 25-PDVC Pellet Stove

Post by jjs777_fzr » Sat. Jan. 31, 2009 8:50 pm

Hello I was wondering if you ever installed the baker model stove ? Any updates ?

Pete69

Post by Pete69 » Sat. Jan. 31, 2009 10:47 pm

Up and running!! Check out the thread on fireplace inserts currently on page 6 of hand fired stoves if you are interested in inserts. I posted about it there along with users of other brands with varying opinions. If you are interested in the baker stoves in general I just replied to your last post on maintaining a baker stove. Awesome stove
Since I installed the baker I purchased a Vermont castings Vigilant II (something ornamental but functional for the kitchen) and now have my sights set on a Jotul 507 for the office at the other end of the house.
Size of house, house layout, chimney location, desired features in a stove, and cost of stove, among other things need to be taken into consideration when choosing a stove. Good luck burning
PS. if this catches woodbutchers eye there has been a pm sitting in my outbox in response to your inquiry.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”