My HITZER 50-93 Experience So Far

Modern and vintage hand fired coal stove are similar to a wood stove and in some cases can burn either. They need to be regulated and fed by hand usually every 12 to 24 hours depending on your usage. They require no power to operate making them ideal for rural settings with long power outages.
RedRockHunter
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 50-93

Post Fri. Oct. 24, 2008 10:04 pm

i see , you are using a magnetic thermometer. I have a internal probe. big difference. like 200 degrees from my magnetic to internal probe at the same spot on stack. that explains it.

Visit Hitzer Stoves

Bobs86GN
Stove/Furnace Make: Hydra Fire
Stove/Furnace Model: Hitzer 50-93

Post Sat. Oct. 25, 2008 12:16 pm

I bought 3 digital thermometers with probes but they all "popped" and the thermocouple blew out of their metal capsules. I was only able to save one of them but it reads way off now. I blew them up every time that I started a new fire with a kindling fire first. I was going to be able to monitor the temp of my boiler in the cellar from right in my living room-but that didn't work out. I bought them from Cole-palmer. I guess they would work if you pulled them out during a startup process. I was going to use 1 in the stack of the Hitzer, 1 in the boiler stack that I could read upstairs , and 1 in the boiler stack to be read at the boiler. Would have been pretty handy. But, I think I have a good handle on the coal burning process now and I really don't need no steenkin thermometers. :)
Bobo

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”