New (to Me) Markiii Owner With Blower Question

Modern and vintage hand fired coal stove are similar to a wood stove and in some cases can burn either. They need to be regulated and fed by hand usually every 12 to 24 hours depending on your usage. They require no power to operate making them ideal for rural settings with long power outages.
kzad
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman Mk III

Post Sun. Oct. 12, 2008 6:00 pm

After contemplating boiler/stoker options for months, I stumbled across a deal on a used MarkIII, and jumped on it. It didn't come with the blower, and was wondering if someone could confirm that the correct blower would be a Fasco 50752-D500, and possibly suggest a good source for one? Thanks...

titleist1
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman Mag Stoker (old style) one in basement, one in workshop
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III on standby for long power outages
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite; Nut/Anthracite

Post Mon. Oct. 13, 2008 10:54 am

Yes, that is the exact model fan on my Mark III. Not sure of the best source for a replacement. If you are lucky, maybe a local Harman dealer would have a replacement in stock. A web search brought up a couple sites with the same $87 price tag.
I drive a VW TDI, heat my home & workshop with two coal stokers and have two vintage JD diesel tractors....
The EPA just loves me!!

bksaun
Stoker Coal Boiler: Hybrid, Gentleman Janitor GJ-6RSU/ EFM 700
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 503
Coal Size/Type: Pea Stoker/Bit, Pea or Nut Anthracite
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer/ EFM-Gentleman Janitor
Stove/Furnace Model: 503 Insert/ 700/GJ-62

Post Mon. Oct. 13, 2008 11:01 am

Same number on mine too. Go check with Gainger supply, they may have it.

BK
"Corn Stoves", It is morally wrong to burn something you can make into Whiskey!

BK

Visit Hitzer Stoves

kzad

Post Mon. Oct. 13, 2008 9:04 pm

Ordered one, Thanks!

captcaper
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman Super Magnum
Stove/Furnace Model: Super Magnum Stoker

Post Thu. Oct. 16, 2008 7:00 pm

Were did you order it? Grainger? If so how much? But also I was wondering what kind of life do we get out of them? Do you guys leave them running all the time?
Current Stove Harman Super Magnum
Owned before
Harman Mark III Wood Parlor stove Scandia Wood Stove 2 Chubby Coal Stoves Small Pot Belly Cast Iron

kzad

Post Sat. Oct. 18, 2008 3:24 pm

http://www.emotorpro.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIE ... rodID=3609 ordered it Monday , had it Thursday. It's pretty loud, but it throws a lot of air. The stove is in my basement so not a big deal. I know there are posts on how to use a fan control to slow it down, I'll have to read up on that.

Visit Hitzer Stoves

titleist1
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman Mag Stoker (old style) one in basement, one in workshop
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III on standby for long power outages
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite; Nut/Anthracite

Post Sat. Oct. 18, 2008 8:36 pm

captcaper wrote:Were did you order it? Grainger? If so how much? But also I was wondering what kind of life do we get out of them? Do you guys leave them running all the time?
I am going on 16 years with my fan. I run it probably 12 hours a day when the stove is fired up. I vacuum it a few times during the year and I take it apart to clean it once a year at the end of the season. I've probably just jinxed myself and it won't work this year! I got a new Mark III last year and kept the new fan in the box figuring I would use the old one until it quit. It's been too warm here to start up the stove yet so I haven't tried it yet this year.
I drive a VW TDI, heat my home & workshop with two coal stokers and have two vintage JD diesel tractors....
The EPA just loves me!!

captcaper
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman Super Magnum
Stove/Furnace Model: Super Magnum Stoker

Post Sun. Oct. 19, 2008 5:21 am

Thanks.
I hope they still make them like they did yours. Lot's of things have changed in manufactoring here in 16 years. The manual said to oil it once a year but I haven't found any oil holes. Is there any way to fabricate duct work to capture the air and redirect it to another area

I've been leaving it running 24/7 since last Thur. brand new stove. I love it so far.
Current Stove Harman Super Magnum
Owned before
Harman Mark III Wood Parlor stove Scandia Wood Stove 2 Chubby Coal Stoves Small Pot Belly Cast Iron

Timr
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: Hearth Hero

Post Mon. Oct. 20, 2008 12:18 pm

This is what I did for my Harman hearth Hero, about the size of a mark 1 for getting the heat upstairs
Attachments
Picture 236.jpg
Picture 237.jpg

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”