Hitzer 254 Without a Blower

swva

Post by swva » Fri. Oct. 10, 2008 12:55 pm

I got lucky and found a Hitzer 254 nearby, but it doesn't have a blower. Hitzer told me that you can't add a blower to this model later on ... it has to be purchased with the blower. If I want one with a blower I'll have to wait until March or April of '09 because they're so backlogged with orders, according to Hitzer. I have about 1300 sq. ft. to heat. The stove will be placed in the room of the house where the heat pump cold air return is at, so I could turn on only the fan on the heat pump unit and try to distribute the heat from the Hitzer throughout the house. Do you think this will work, or does the fact that this stove doesn't have a blower make it a deal breaker for my application?

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Fri. Oct. 10, 2008 2:15 pm

Depends on the type of blower, there are numerous sources of blowers online that would probably fit or work.
http://www.electricmotorwarehouse.com, look under Dayton or Fasco, they make blowers for almost all the Wood/Coal etc...stoves.

http://www.electricmotorwarehouse.com/fasco/fasco_blower.htm

swva

Post by swva » Fri. Oct. 10, 2008 5:59 pm

I went ahead and bought it. It was the last one they had and I didn't want to wait until Spring of next year to get one with a blower. My house has good insulation and is wrapped in Tyvek, so this model should do the trick for me. I'll tell you this much, this is one heavy mother! It took 3 other people to help me carry it, and even then I think this thing gave me hemrhoids :lol:

Thanks for the link to the blowers, WNY. I've looked it over a little and I'll have to do more research while I'm planning on the installation of the new stove.

sharkman8810
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 82 ul
Coal Size/Type: nut

Post by sharkman8810 » Fri. Oct. 10, 2008 6:53 pm

I think you made a good move, build a heat collector around it, and then duct it to where you want it. I am doing that with a hitzer 82 and it worked well so far.

gleneaston

Post by gleneaston » Sat. Feb. 21, 2009 7:52 pm

swva wrote:I went ahead and bought it. It was the last one they had and I didn't want to wait until Spring of next year to get one with a blower. My house has good insulation and is wrapped in Tyvek, so this model should do the trick for me. I'll tell you this much, this is one heavy mother! It took 3 other people to help me carry it, and even then I think this thing gave me hemrhoids :lol:

Thanks for the link to the blowers, WNY. I've looked it over a little and I'll have to do more research while I'm planning on the installation of the new stove.
Hi,

I realize this is an old post but I was curious as to how you like your Hitzer 254? I currently have a Hitzer 50-93 which only burns anthracite coal but as bit is much more available, not to mention cheaper, in my locale, I've thought abpot getting a bit burning stove.

Appreciate your thoughts,

Glen

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”