Manual for Locke Warm Morning Model 400 ???

Ape1300

Post by Ape1300 » Tue. Nov. 01, 2011 12:10 pm

I'm a fairly new user of coal and bought a house with a 400-A model installed in the basement. A couple years ago I figured out how to use and it and the thing is amazing at the amount of heat it puts out.

I'm not familiar with the part names but I just found that the exhaust/vent tube that comes off the back is cracked and missing a few small pieces. The problem is that it is 2 piece cast iron 90 degree elbow. Some people have said that I could use stainless steel in place of this.

Any info or help is very much appreciated.

rrussillo

Post by rrussillo » Tue. Nov. 08, 2011 4:34 pm

We are looking for a manual for the Locke Stove Co. Warm Morning Model 818 ?? this was passed down to us from a relative who used it for many years. we are planning to use it in our home but we would like the manual to get the specs and put in properly. We believe this stove was built in the 1940's. If anyone could help we would deeply appreciate it.

SteveZee
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Modern Oak 116 & Glenwood 208 C Range

Post by SteveZee » Wed. Nov. 09, 2011 4:26 pm

Look in the bituminous section and you'll find everything you ever wanted to know about warm morning stoves. You might even find a manual in there too. The 400 is a great old stove and will serve well if you make sure it's tight, sealed and not leaking any air(Beside what you set it for) below the fire.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”