BAKER FIRESIDE . New Purchase, New to Burning

Modern and vintage hand fired coal stove are similar to a wood stove and in some cases can burn either. They need to be regulated and fed by hand usually every 12 to 24 hours depending on your usage. They require no power to operate making them ideal for rural settings with long power outages.
WoodButcher
Stove/Furnace Make: Baker
Stove/Furnace Model: fireside

Post Sun. Oct. 05, 2008 10:10 pm

hello everyone, first time poster.

i just bought a used baker fireside coal/wood burner . its in great shape and I just sanded her down for a fresh coat of paint next week . I have a few questions.

1. I would like to buy a new blower for it... whats the best place? its way too small of a blower for 2000 sq ft house.

2. I want to pop a glass panel in it too, is there a classifieds somewhere for this stuff?

3. any success stories for this particular baker? I know its 600 lbs and it took me and 2 other big guys to move it...

i used to have a vermont castings and it was great, but I don't have the room for the 4 legs anymore, need an insert.
the one I got is about 10-15yrs old I think . well . got it for 300$ so cant beat it.
Attachments
IMG_1000 (Small).jpg
IMG_1002 (Small).jpg
IMG_1004 (Small).jpg
shroud welds (Small).jpg

Devil505
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Post Mon. Oct. 06, 2008 6:43 am

For a new blower, what I did was just purchase any blower (like this
**Broken Link(s) Removed** ) from HD or Lowes & then attach it to your stove with a few cheap duct fittings & some foil tape. Very quiet, easy to replace & cheap!
War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.
Winston Churchill
Shaking & Poking The TLC2000 Video

Visit Hitzer Stoves

WoodButcher
Stove/Furnace Make: Baker
Stove/Furnace Model: fireside

Post Mon. Oct. 06, 2008 7:02 am

hmm didnt think of that , ill have to check home depot today and see what they got!

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”