Dovre

Modern and vintage hand fired coal stove are similar to a wood stove and in some cases can burn either. They need to be regulated and fed by hand usually every 12 to 24 hours depending on your usage. They require no power to operate making them ideal for rural settings with long power outages.
the snowman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507
Coal Size/Type: Nut, Stove coal, Egg coal

Post Fri. Oct. 03, 2008 10:44 pm

Does anyone have any info on the dovre focus wood/coal stove. I see it is for sale on ebay and just wanted to run it bye the forum. Thanks. wayne.

jotuler
Stove/Furnace Make: jotul 507
Stove/Furnace Model: Harmon mark II

Post Sat. Oct. 04, 2008 8:57 am

Snowman
Google it. If you can't find anything on the stove I would suggest you move on. I asked a similar question early on about a stove called a Pine Barren in the same forum called "Has anyone heard of a Pine Barren Stove" I got some great advice from members. You mght want to check out that thread.
Jotuler
"The only time you can coast in life is when you are going down hill." A. Roger Merrill

Visit Hitzer Stoves

the snowman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507
Coal Size/Type: Nut, Stove coal, Egg coal

Post Sat. Oct. 04, 2008 9:07 am

Jotuler:

I e-mailed the guy who has it for sale and he didn't seem to be able to give me any information. That alone makes me question should I be looking at this stove. So I agree with you as to my moving on and continue my search for a good stove. I see it was posted that Vermont Castings has gone under. Is this true? If it is Wow. I hear of a lot of people in my area having those stoves. Anyway, I will keep posting my progress or lack of it as my search continues. Thanks. wayne.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”