Stove Placement?

Modern and vintage hand fired coal stove are similar to a wood stove and in some cases can burn either. They need to be regulated and fed by hand usually every 12 to 24 hours depending on your usage. They require no power to operate making them ideal for rural settings with long power outages.
pa coal cracker
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: MarkII and Mag Stoker

Post Tue. Sep. 16, 2008 5:19 am

In the Harman manual, it says you're supposed to locate the stove as close to the chimney as possible. What are your thoughts on this? The reason I'm asking is because my stove is about 5 feet from the chimney. I have seen other stoves set up like this without a problem.

Visit Hitzer Stoves

Devil505
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Post Tue. Sep. 16, 2008 5:25 am

pa coal cracker wrote:In the Harman manual, it says you're supposed to locate the stove as close to the chimney as possible. What are your thoughts on this? The reason I'm asking is because my stove is about 5 feet from the chimney. I have seen other stoves set up like this without a problem.

I would say as long as you have the right sized stove pipe, not enclosed at any point, angled up a bit (from the stove to the chimney) from a pure physics standpoint I think you should be fine. (just make sure you have all stove pipe sections screwed together with 3 screws per joint)
War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.
Winston Churchill
Shaking & Poking The TLC2000 Video

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”