All Nighter Coal Stove (Pics Added)

Clinker

Post by Clinker » Sat. Mar. 04, 2006 4:30 am

Hello all,

I have been a lurker at this site for a few months. Thanks Coalman for a fine site.

My question is: Has anyone here heard of the company "All Nighter" Stove works ? I saw one at a "open house" tag sale. today. It is a coal stove, not that big, measures aprox 28" wide x 28" tall x 18" deep. but built like a tank. Very thick cast iron. It looks to be in good shape. The grates work well. no cracks in the cast iron , doors, seals and firebrick ok.
Manufacturer tag says it was built in 82, says use chestnut size only. No BTU rating. Anyway I can figure out how many BTU's this can put out?

The asking price is $250. but am sure I can get it cheaper. So what do you think?

Thanks,
Paul
Last edited by Clinker on Sat. Mar. 04, 2006 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Sat. Mar. 04, 2006 8:43 am

If you are only planning on heating a room or two, I'd buy it. If you want to heat a 1200+ sq.ft. house, then I'd buy it, put it on ebay or sell it to a member of this forum.

Is it a free staniding stove with a rear or top flue? and electric fans? Any chance you can take a photo and post it here?

try to get it for $200 or less, you can always sell it. Or use it in a basement or garage.

Happy bargaining! Greg L

Clinker

Post by Clinker » Sat. Mar. 04, 2006 4:28 pm

I went back to the house. They said I could take all the pics I want. They also told me they would lower the price to $225. "IF" it does not sell by Sunday night. They said they had alot of interest in it.

It's very ornate, lots of graphics. It has a rear flue 6". It has on the top of the stove a cover/grill that flips up where you can have access to a round cover I assume where you can load some coal. Also, from the front door opening the grill in the picture flips down and or comes out for access.

Hope I post these pics correctly.

**Broken Image Link(s) Removed**

Clinker

Post by Clinker » Sat. Mar. 04, 2006 5:09 pm

Forgot to add,

No blower, and there is two handles on the right side of stove (not shown in pics) one on top opens an internal damper door and one near the bottom that you pull in and out to shake the grates.

Clinker

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Mar. 04, 2006 6:15 pm

Well for $225 that looks to be decent deal, pretty small so I wouldn't expect much from it. Good enough for the basement or 2 rooms probably.

Clinker

Post by Clinker » Sun. Mar. 05, 2006 8:08 pm

Well, I purchased the coal stove in question. Got it for $225. Was able to get my 3 teenage nephews to help me. It's a small stove, but very thick cast iron. We broke our ass (can I say that?). At the house where I brought it it went straight out thru the garage on a heavy duty dolly up a ramp made from 2x12's into my p/u truck. However, once it was at my house it had to go up 8 steps. well there was alot of moaning and groaning with plenty of swearing mixed in but we finally got it inside.

Once I get it hooked up it should work out fine I live in a small 1 bedroom cabin... we'll see.

Regards,

P.S. I am going to start a new post on how people/members here got their coal stove into their house.

brian6891

Post by brian6891 » Thu. May. 14, 2009 8:35 pm

i have the exact same stove. I see it's been awhile since this was posted, but I have been unable to find much info on this stove.would you happen to have a manuel or any paperwork. how do you like the stove as I haven't installed mine yet?

sharkman8810
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 82 ul
Coal Size/Type: nut

Post by sharkman8810 » Thu. May. 14, 2009 10:04 pm

Check out the best of forum's on the creative ways people use to get there stoves into the house. You can add to that, would be my advice. Good score and it should be good for a small cabin. Can't hurt for all you paid for it.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”