5 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Thu. Feb. 09, 2017 10:05 pm
- Location: NE Ohio
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30 95
- Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Hitzer Model 82
- Coal Size/Type: Lehigh nut
- Other Heating: Natural gas
Probably going to break out the hitzer 82 and go back to wood this season. Got 14 bags of nut for the 30-95 but it seems like coal is getting too expensive , paid $450 a ton last year and that was way more than the year before.
Dang it, you did not go woke and are still going broke. I hear ya...I paid $470 a ton for just the bagged coal for this season
- Posts: 555
- Joined: Sat. Feb. 22, 2020 9:46 pm
- Location: Bethel, Pa
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2 Legacy TLC 2000 one in the upper and 1 in the lower part of the house
- Coal Size/Type: Wood and pea, nut ,stove and egg coal
Gonna burn wood again in my one TLC 2000's The main one I will probably burn coal. These TLC's work pretty good with wood I used about 4 chords of wood last winter. Although I usually burned mostly during the day It seemed to hold the heat pretty well. Of course I had to start a new fire every day, but it was easy using wood pellets soaked in home heating oil.